Tuesday, November 13, 2012

29 Going On 60

The questions people ask and the conversations I have on a daily basis never cease to amaze me.
From the never-ending Would You Rather? game Garrett and I play (ironically all parties lose every time if played correctly), to some of the off the wall conversation starters presented by oxygen deprived clients.  I am constantly entertained.
Today was no exception.
I am literally walking out of the break room with my oatmeal in hand, when a young woman looked at me with that I'm-about-to-ask-you-a-personal-question smirk.  At that point I'm pretty much bracing myself for anything, but the topic of Brazilian waxing experiences didn't cross my mind.  Apparently, she's become a regular and asked me if I'd ever go again.
I think it took me literally 0.35 seconds to answer. 
I'd rather take a roundhouse kick to the face.
Absolutely nothing about that process made me pause and think "ya know what, I want to experience this again....in fact, once a month sounds awesome."  Actually, it was borderline torture.  There's a reason parties do not involve hot wax and private parts.
Its not fun.
Ever.
Next time I want second degree burns I'll opt for the McDonald's-coffee-to-the-crotch method...worked nicely in 1994.  Worth a shot.

This was all before 10am.  What a day.

Workout today was exhausting, but solid.  I had the day off from cardio, which is always a plus in my book.  Tomorrow is all cardio....happy hump day to me.

** A pat on the back to a client who ran a 5k this weekend and wanted to break 21 minutes.
Oh he broke it.
19:07...best run he's had in years.  Very cool!

Its going to be a long day ahead tomorrow.  I've got a full work day followed by a 60th birthday party for a dear friend and client.  Where did the time go? 
For the record, when I turn 60 my party will need to be before 3pm.  At that point in my life I'll be headed to bed around 6, and 3:00 will honestly be pushing the limit of my prime during daylight. 
I will be a handful to say the least.
Brace yourself.




No comments:

Post a Comment