Sunday, November 25, 2012

What Were We Thinking?...

Looks like we all survived Thanksgiving, the ungodly amount of food, and those family moments when you're amazed the tree is still standing.  I totally get it.
Mine was eventful, and yes, I did eat pretty much whatever I wanted...my pancreas was pumping out insulin like a slushy machine and at some point I think I was sugar drunk.  I honestly have no clue how people eat like that on a regular basis.  I was more than ready to eat healthy the next day.

And by "next day" I mean waiting in line in Target with Kelly and Sparkles...

It was a site.
She literally looked like this all night.  ALL NIGHT.  I had to talk her out of buying that elf hat.  I shouldn't have to do that....
I have no clue why we torture ourselves staying up all night for the sake of a few gifts.  Believe me, we questioned our own sanity more than once...especially in Kohl's, as Kelly and I waited for an hour and a half in line.  The woman in front of us had a giant toy firetruck that kept lighting up and making a siren noise loud enough to make you wish you were deaf.  I was 2 seconds from destroying that thing right there. 
What a night.
We had a blast, took coffee to the face more than once, and at 8am I finally made it home and crawled in bed.


And that was pretty much the end of my normal Thanksgiving break.

Friday afternoon I started feeling weird, and by Saturday morning I could hardly take 10 steps without being out of breath or wanting to throw up.
There was that moment face-down in the toilet when I thought I might hack up my spleen, and Oscar just stared at me like I needed to just suck it up and take it like a champ.  I hated that feline right then... Like he can throw up hairballs the size of a ferret but I'm not ever allowed to be sick.
Dumb cat.
Fittingly, I later had to clean up his vomit.
Story of my life.

I spent the day in the recliner watching Hallmark movies.  Bad actors.  Bad plots.  But I figured if I felt horrible I might as well watch horrible tv.  Makes no sense I realize, and yet this is how my mind works.  It was a long day.
But my dear friend brought me some meds and soup.  Granted, she wouldn't get within 6 feet of me, but I didn't blame her.
She didn't ask what she could do she just DID.  Awesome gal.

Today has been much better than yesterday, and I was actually able to eat food for the first time since Friday afternoon.  Still have not had coffee.  Let's not talk about it.  I battled a caffeine headache from hell until about 2pm. 
If I can't have any tomorrow you might see me on the news.

Back to the grind tomorrow.  I truly cannot wait to feel 100%....yes, I probably take good health for granted until I'm face-down hovered over the very spot I've sat on.  Life is humbling at times.

Have a great night folks, and ready to roll tomorrow!

A few Thanksgiving pics...









No comments:

Post a Comment