Monday, November 5, 2012

Santa, I Can Explain...

Monday grind.
It was back to a "normal" day at the gym....as normal as you can imagine.
After a long, busy weekend I felt as if I were thrown back in the game without a helmet...or cup...if I were to need one.  Actually, life is a mess...everyone needs one.
Strap in and hang on.

My weekend actually began on Friday as Kelly, mom, and I headed to Greensboro for the Holiday Market....5 hours of shopping in the coliseum.  It was unreal....women breaking out the horrible Christmas sweaters, taste-testing every kind of peanut known to man, buying at least 3 things for myself before I spent on anyone else....the usual.
Sparkles got to meet Santa.
Pretty much the second best day of her life.
First being June 29, 1983.  (Assumed, not fact).
Needless to say, she was loving every second of it.  Moth to a flame.  I swear I think she squealed a few times.  Yes, my mom squeals.  Let's not talk about it.


 We had an absolute blast, capped it off with a gals-night dinner, and then it was full-force into a busy 2 days ahead.

Saturday was Susie's big day on the stage.
I made it out back to Greensboro for the prejudging, and was thrilled with her presentation.  She walked out with confidence, nailed her poses, and I truly think felt good about everything.  As I watched of course my mind drifted back to my last few competitions, the stress, and all that it entails.  It is no small endeavor, and pretty much consumes every aspect of your lifestyle.  And I think people are often amazed by how much it effects them mentally throughout the entire process.  You're essentially subjecting yourself to a panel of opinions,....so effort off the stage does not determine the winner.  There is no direct correlation.  You give it your best and that's it.  Some people have more of an edge than others.
If there's one thing I try to reiterate to competitors its that ultimately they cannot step on that stage seeking some sort of validation.  You must be confident in your preparation, and understand that its a subjective competition.
Easier said than done, I know.
At the end of the day, I was beyond proud of Susie for all that she's put in over the last 5 months.  Now its back to the drawing board and setting new goals...







On a random holiday note,....my tree is up and decorated.
Boom.
Go ahead and hate a little bit.  When I informed my best friend of this, I was quickly met with disgust.  I would expect nothing less...
 Oscar doesn't know what in the heck is going on, but he will marinate under that tree like a honeybaked ham.  That feline loves it.

8:30...I will be in bed in 20 minutes.  Happy Monday to me.
 Night folks!




1 comment:

  1. congrats to you and Susie, glad you BOTH stuck with it! Hard to believe the Christmas frenzy is already almost upon us

    ReplyDelete