Monday, October 3, 2011

Meat me

Monday mornings always come with a rude awakening.  There's no way around it.  One minute you are drifting off to sleep and truly excited about some shut-eye, and what seems like 5 minutes later the alarm is screaming at you.  Mine screams.  I literally fell out of bed and stumbled my way to the bathroom to get ready for the day.  Next thing I knew I was at work and rolling.

I was pretty pumped about wearing a hoodie today.  My God I love a good hoodie.  And its finally not 95 degrees outside so I rocked it like it was my job......it sort of is. 

The day flowed well, but I was DONE after my workout.  I had back, delts, and biceps today, and finished with a 4.5 mile jog.  Strength felt good, and I will be extremely surprised if my shoulders are not ridiculously sore tomorrow.  I've got to switch my lifting up a little this week since I am heading to the beach on Thursday afternoon....yes, a mini-vacation.  Much needed.  Honestly though, without a tan, I'm not so sure how the whole on-the-beach-in-a-bikini thing will go.  My coloring (lack there of) should be a crime right now.  Nonetheless, I will role with it and enjoy the extra vitamin D.

Had an interesting conversation with a client today about being vegetarian/vegan/carnivore.  Every body is different and has different demands,...however, you cannot honestly convince me that a vegan diet is the way to go.  To completely eliminate entire food groups that are nutritionally packed is extreme and actually makes you more susceptible to deficiencies.  Moreover, I cannot imagine trying to get 180-190g of protein a day WITHOUT having eggs, meat, or fish as an option.  And no, I don't count beans.  My bowels would explode before I hit 180g.  Just thinking about it makes me slightly angry.  I am perfectly fine eating animals....I'll let you know when I start feeling bad about it.

Well, on that note, I just finished my squash/CHICKEN concoction and the dishes will not clean themselves unfortunately.  Clean up and then bedtime.  Here we come Tuesday!...

No comments:

Post a Comment