Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Like a rock...

Hump day, you win.
Perhaps the longest hump day ever.....ok fine, slightly dramatic, but it was a long day.  Rainy, gray, just one of those days that makes you appreciate nice weather.

As far as training, all I had was cardio today.  5 mile run and I was done.  I spent a few minutes stretching (much needed), and then just wanted to sleep in the shower....not logical, I get it.  But there is already a darn seat in there, which, who honestly uses those under the age of 72?  I just feel awkward sitting in the shower....like I'm going to read a book and enjoy a coffee or something.  Get in, get out.  I am a 5 minute shower person....maybe 7 if I break the head off the razor and can't seem to get the thing back on...leaving me with one shaved leg (happened twice last week).  In that case, I fidget with it for approximately 20 seconds and spend the other minute-40 saying things that no one would appreciate because I am alone in the shower cursing at a dysfunctional razor.  Boooo....

Boy was that a tangent.
Anyway, great day with clients....many laughs and many looks of momentary-detest...I get it, its ok.  Tomorrow looks to be a good day.  Typical Thursday, finishing by 7pm, then home for some dinner and Jersey Shore.  I should feel bad that I watch it,...and yet I don't...eh...

Oh, a lady in the grocery store called me "small but firm and sturdy" today.  It made me laugh.  She basically could have been describing me,...a boat,....a statue,....a stool,....or a bedpost.  I personally like the word "solid"....like a boulder or something.  Ha.  I take no offense, it was a sweet compliment and made my day.

Have a great night!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always make me smile!!!! An old guy at the state fair told me I was too skinny and I needed some pluming up, he also said he could help me with that. :). Had no desire to further that conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...that's awesome. Conversations at the fair never cease to amaze me. Just when you think we're progressing as human beings, the fair comes to town....literally.

    ReplyDelete