Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Mirror, Mirror, on the wall...

It's after 8 and I need to be packing for my trip tomorrow.  Yet, here I sit...scarfing down the last of my chicken/squash/cottage cheese concoction.  When in doubt, throw cottage cheese on it....or peanut butter.  Whatever food you mention, there's a 95% chance I've put one of these on it...and liked it.

It was a busy, but good day.  I was able to get an extra 45 minutes of sleep, which was absolutely amazing.  I scared the crap out of myself when I looked in the mirror this morning.  Ever wake up, take a glance, and truly wonder if you actually drank in your sleep?  Yeah, one of those mornings.  But the train moves on.

I had a wonderful day with clients.  This sounds slightly nuts, but sometimes I get chills watching someone move with genuine, God-given athletic ability.  Fluid movement, complete body-awareness...its awesome.  Honestly, there are some things you simply cannot teach.  Yes, every body is trainable, BUT some people just seem to move with grace and make it appear effortless.  Very cool.

As far as my training goes, I just had cardio today.  My hamstrings were killing me from straight leg deadlifts yesterday, so 5 miles on the treadmill felt like 10.  I stretched for about 3 minutes afterward and had to get a quick shower before my next clients.  Tomorrow is upper body and then I'll be at a conference Friday/Saturday, so my exercise will be an ungodly amount of workshops.  Its great though...gets me fired up and ready to return to the gym on my meathead-high or something.  Monday clients should probably prepare themselves.  Oh oh, AND Monday is Halloween....which, I'm still planning to dress up for, IF my dad comes through on an item of clothing I need.  Yes, I still wear my father's clothes.  Is that odd?...

Ok, time to clean up the kitchen,...wash my hair...then hit the bed.  My hair has been pulled back under a thick headband all day, all gross and sweaty, so it currently looks like I have a mullet.  Nope, that's not hairspray, that's sweat....sometimes I disgust myself.

Have a wonderful night folks....attack your Thursday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment