Monday, October 10, 2011

Freckled

Back from the beach and trying hard to rock some-what-of-a-tan in October.  I excitedly wore shorts today to work...and will proceed to do that until my color fades and I return to my deathly-white hue once again.  Someone told me today that I "look better with some color"...that's the nice way of saying from fall to spring you look horrible.  Thank you...I will work on that :)

The beach was great...we were by far the youngest people there.  Average age had to have been 73.  Needless to say, if a wet t-shirt contest broke out we were out of there....although, I think I might be able to win this one....hmmm...
Anyway, it was a whirlwind trip but much needed.  To be honest, I can only "vacate" for so long...actually, about 3 days and then I'm ready to return to my normal schedule.  Damn OCD. 

Back to the grind today.  Workout felt great...started off a little slow, but kept my numbers up and I was pleased by the end.  I switched back to an upper/lower split.  I never thought I'd like it as much as I do, but it sent my strength through the roof and I honestly felt like my upper body had enough time to recover.  So, I'm keeping all major strength moves (presses, pull-ups, rows) around 8 reps, and isolation movements (curls, tricep extensions, DB raises) around 12-15 reps.  I finished with 45 minutes of cardio...4 mile run and then a hike up an incline to finish out the rest.  Right hamstring was screaming bloody murder by the end...ridiculous.

Had a new client today tell me that his old trainer said oatmeal was bad and he should not eat it.  I nearly cursed out loud and messed my pants at the same time...which would have been perfect timing and some serious talent.  Honestly, I couldn't believe it.  Oatmeal?  Really?!  Poor guy was so carb deprived he was eying my arm like a doughnut hole.  Needless to say, we cleared that up pretty quick.  He will probably drool in his bowl tomorrow morning....goal achieved...

Oh man,...time for some sleep.  Happy Columbus Day...whatever that entails...shopping, no school,...that seems to be how we roll when it comes to holidays.  Gear up for Tuesday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment