Friday, September 30, 2011

Scrub it

Friday morning and I was awaken from a coma at 6:08am when the alarm went off.  I was scheduled to go in for a client this morning, who ended up getting caught up at the hospital (for work) and had to cancel.  So here I am...already blogging and cleaning stuff by 8am.  Ridiculous.  While I was excited to go into work, I certainly could use the extra moments to get caught up on some things.  Like laundry.  I've managed to wear dirty workout clothes a couple of times over the past 2 weeks, which, I will not deny is disgusting considering how much I sweat.  And as you cringe, I have no doubt that there is something pretty gross that you do as well....I just happen to admit mine to America over the internet.

Workouts this week have been great.  I'm keeping everything 10-12 reps, but the weight is heavier and more manageable than last week.  Feels good.  I changed my workout split just a little:

Monday: back/delts/bi
Tuesday: legs/chest/tri
Wednesday: cardio
Thursday: back/delts (more emph)/bi
Friday: leg (ham emph)/chest/tri

I like hitting each body part twice a week, and I've kept legs shy of failure so that I can get in all my running without feeling like I'm about to die on the treadmill.  Its going well, and my jogs are starting to go by a little faster (thank God!).  The next 4-5 weeks will go like this, and then I'll switch it up again.  Got to keep the body guessing...

Started back with my oatmeal in the morning.  It still looks like vomit with my egg white chunks in it, but I figure I'm saving my digestive system a step if I go ahead and put it in the form it will soon take in my gut.  Only kidding,...but sort of true.  If you haven't tried peanut butter in your oatmeal you are missing out in life.  You are depriving yourself.  You have not yet arrived.  (This is my attempt to get you to throw in that nutty-goodness and get with the program).  Life's too short to eat plain oatmeal.

Ah yes, back to cleaning and then getting my workout in...
Have an awesome weekend folks!!!

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more about pb in oatmeal - especially the chunky kind. How can people actually find that weird? Although I have to wonder - are you eating oats with egg whites mixed in AND PB???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha...sometimes I do eat pb in there with the egg whites...it totally depends where/how my fats are distributed the rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete