Sunday, March 3, 2013

Vows and Cockfights

Whew,...what a weekend.
I think I'll spend the next 5 days catching up on sleep, sanity, and recovering from the cloud of extra-firm-hold hairspray that loomed over my head all day Saturday.
Despite the hole I created in the ozone, I've decided that going to get my hair done for a wedding is necessary.  I don't want to even have to think  about it.
I just want to sit there,...spin in the chair,..hold my breath through the hair product, and pray my scalp doesn't bleed from all the bobby pins. 
Worth every penny.

I had a blast with my dear friend Melissa, and even managed to make it through a brief speech during the rehearsal dinner that didn't offend majority of attendees.  I cried.  Shocker.  Cried, cursed, talked about flatulence,...I covered it all.
I wanted to make sure their marriage started off on the right foot...




The wedding was beautiful and it was great to catch up with old friends from high school and a few former coaches.
One in particular, you know who you are, proceeded to recall stories of me and my mouth during travel ball and the day I got nailed in the crotch on the softball field.  Sometimes I'm blown away by what people remember,....and my wit at 15 years old.  Ha.  Seriously though, I guess if they still derive laughter from it, I will take responsibility for something that just may have caused Sparkles to soil herself had she heard it.  Cheers to the good 'ol days!

Speaking of Sparkles,...her and Happy Feet made their debut Saturday night as well...
As I was standing in front of the congregation holding my flowers and sweating like a champ in my spanx, I was so distracted by mom's head.  Literally.
I will give her credit for the edgy creativity with feathers and ornaments,...but the craft project she rocked on her cranium was a little much.  Bless her heart, every time she moved her head during the service it looked like she was about to fall victim to a cockfight on pew 6.
We give her a hard time, I know, and debates are still looming as to whether or not she made it and its a Sparkles' original.  I'd say its a 93% chance.
Rock on mom, rock on...


Well, its back to the grind tomorrow.
I've felt a little out of sorts and extremely busy the last few days, but tomorrow is Monday and will thus find some way to drag me around. 
Ready to get back to the gym, see my peeps, yell at a few adolescents, and then call it a day...


No comments:

Post a Comment