Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Potty Pics

Spent.
I made the mistake of staying up past my bedtime last night, and right now I am paying for it.  I say that like it was 2am,.....it was 10:15.  2am would cause me to go into convulsions.
I am not a night owl by any stretch of the imagination.
You know that friend that's like "Whatever you need!  Call me in the middle of the night!  I'm here for ya!".......eh well, I'm not that friend.
I will answer the phone, yes.  But if its followed with swear words a a minor death threat before I come help, don't be offended.  Just put me on speakerphone to get the full effect and roll on.

Speaking of phones...
One of the highlights today was receiving a picture from my brother of my niece on the toilet.
Seriously.
Almost 2 years old, she was sitting there wearing his sunglasses and hat clearly showing that poop who's boss.
True Parker.
I am easily entertained.


Work day was great, although I've got a few slackers I need to give a quick kick in the rear.
No, I am not big believer in dragging people by their hair to reach their goals.  I walk beside you,...not in front, not in back.  Either you want it or you don't.  Either you do the work or you don't.  Its pretty much that simple.
As a trainer, I cannot will someone into determination, drive, or any effort above what they are personally willing to give at a given moment. 
You will always give to the extent YOU DECIDE to in the gym.
Fact is, I can only push as far as a client allows....Will they say I asked them?  Ha, no.  But I'm spending just as much time studying THEM as I am their form, movement patterns, and anything physical.  And holy crap is everyone different!
I've got some who hate to even break a sweat, and others who want a near-death experience every time.  Never a dull moment.
But all that to say, don't let a few bad days turn into weeks, or months before you're "back on track."  Its a process, a lifestyle, with ups and downs but always about moving forward and improving.
And it truly boils down to a daily decision to keep going.


Well, a few more emails to answer and then I've got to get my mind right for my morning cardio.
Yikes.
Night folks.




No comments:

Post a Comment