Saturday, March 9, 2013

Gassy Clients and Sleep Deprivation

Daylight savings in the Spring is Mother Nature's punch in the throat.
Depriving me of an hour of sleep pretty much effects everyone around me for the next few days....by Wednesday I'll either be fully adjusted or a mini-social-nightmare.
Time will tell.
Every pun intended.

Speaking of, I am currently sucking down some coffee to stay up and watch the Duke/Carolina battle at 9pm.  Might as well be at midnight.
For the sake of viewers on the West coast??!...
East coast gets the shaft every single time.
Ok, actually only those of us on the East coast who find it torturous to stay up past any 4 year old.  I see double digits on the clock and you'd think I was seconds away from losing a kidney or turning into a wildebeest.  So dramatic.
Heck, even Cinderella stayed up til midnight...past midnight.
Tramp.
Needless to say, it will be a miracle if I make it to halftime...


What a great week.
Honestly, it was long and exhausting, but absolutely rewarding.
By Wednesday night I told Sparkles on the phone I'd met my word limit for the week, so she could continue to talk, but whether or not I'd listen or respond was questionable.
She continued.
Shocker.
I was just drained, and by that point had a full-blown head cold I was battling.  I honestly do not remember the last time I had a cold.  Norovirus, yes, cold...no.
I couldn't breathe, runny nose, headache, blah blah blah.  More annoying than anything.
Tired, sick, was farted on during a new assessment,...I mean my God, the week was hating me.
Yes, I was farted on...it was loud, and I nearly pulled a muscle trying not to laugh.  I don't care who you are, when someone breaks wind that sounds like a foghorn, its funny.  If you can't laugh at that, you need to reassess your life.
Point is, the week was kicking my rear from every angle...

BUT, Thursday was a day of redemption.
I had a new golfer who came to me with severe back pain, wanted to simply enjoy the game again, and get at the root of the problem. 
During that hour we talked about posture, core strength, rotational limitations, where he has pain, when he has pain, and the list goes on...
I could tell he was doubtful at this point that anything would help or come remotely close to allow him to swing a club consistently without popping Advil like Pez.
One exercise after another we worked on firing certain muscles and putting himself in correct position to execute any move I asked.  To see that man "get it" and walk out of there feeling good and amazed his back was not hurting was truly the highlight of my week.
Yet again I was reminded why I love what I do.  Perfect timing...

Well, I'm about to grill up some Salmon and completely smoke this place out with fish smell.
Oscar will probably drool til he's dehydrated.
Crazy feline.

Have a good night folks,...and make tomorrow great. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment