Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Shoulders, Habits, and Rigamortis

I'm officially falling apart.
My left shoulder feels like it may just give out at any moment.
Brian thinks I strained my rotator cuff,...either way it is pretty worthless at this point and I have no time for my appendages to be less than functional.
Ridiculous.

Its been a great week thus far, and seems to be a week of getting people back on their fitness train.  Dear Lord,...evidently it was the weekend of debauchery.
Nutritional heathens.
I do appreciate their honesty, but I have maybe a smidgen of sympathy when it comes to choosing to make poor health decisions.  Ok, not even a smidgen.
Don't get me wrong, I get it.
I do not expect perfection from anyone or myself.
HOWEVER, we are what we repeatedly do.  Its the habit that is the problem.  When a day becomes a week, and a week becomes 3,...its a vicious cycle that at some point becomes a daily choice.
A personal choice.
No one is twisting your arm to skip a workout, eat crap, stay up late, drink like you're 21 and stupid (the two go hand in hand),....you get my point.

As I told one client this morning, you truly have to find your motivation on a DAILY basis.  Whatever it is, find it.  Create it.  It will never find you.
Set the alarm.
Get up.
Make it a healthy day.
Go to bed satisfied.
Repeat.
Its not rocket science, but it does require discipline, focus, and a desire to improve daily.

* * *

Speaking of workouts, I was plugging along through my own workout on Monday when I look up and see one of my dearest friends of nearly 15+ years pressing her chest against the window.
I've never been so excited to see a D-cup in all my life.
She pulls up in her work van (she runs a transport service), and it occurred to me that there just might be a body in the back.  I don't know how she does it, but I don't think I could honestly cruise the highway blasting some Kanye with a tag along who happens to be void of a pulse.
Freaks me out,...but she's a machine.
We caught up while I sweated through the rest of my chest/tricep assault, and I was thankful for the laughs...even though I nearly wet the bench a couple times....eh...

Its about that time.
I'm beat and have a 4am meeting with my coffee before a 5am meeting with the treadmill.
MAKE IT a great day tomorrow folks.


No comments:

Post a Comment