Monday, April 1, 2013

Diabetic Bunnies and April Fools

A little mid-day post coming your way...

Its 2:00 and my butt is parked in a lounge chair in our back parking lot.  I am bound and determined to get some vitamin D today.  This weather is unbelievable, and will be short lived because our forecast is about as predictable as a bipolar cat.
Nonetheless, I will enjoy these few moments before its back to the typical Monday afternoon...

Easter weekend...
I've had more people come in today with some sort of chocolate hangover, and my sympathy level couldn't be much lower quite honestly.  BUT, I completely get it.
I remember when I was younger and Easter morning was a sugar-high waiting to happen.  Mom would let us go through our baskets before church, and before I knew it I was walking into Sunday School as a prediabetic Easter nightmare.  But darn if I wasn't rocking the hat and floral print ensemble as my pancreas was twitching.
Yes, I do have a sweet tooth, but I crossed a line when it came to malt ball eggs and pastel m&m's.
I have nothing to say for myself.

This Easter was pretty quiet since Sparkles and my older brother were both sick.
Sparkles evidently ate something that "didn't agree with her."  She was probably pooping confetti and glitter.
Poor thing.
But she called me last night and talked for over an hour.
Her jaw is unstoppable, and pretty much told that Chinese take-out who was boss.

Onto other things...
Its April Fools and I have nothing planned.
Sad.
Preggo jokes are out of the question, and anything that remotely costs more than $2 is also a no-go.  I'm not cheap, I just think funny shouldn't cost that much.  Period.
We used to play pranks on one of our college roommates pretty often, but she didn't always find it funny.  The day we covered her room in post-its was great.
Her post-its.
Joke = free for us.
She was in class......we were not......fair game.
But today maybe a quiet April Fools.

Well folks,...the afternoon is ready to roll, and I am already looking forward to bedtime.  Drained.
Have a great Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment