Sunday, September 16, 2012

Wedding Bells and Eager Grooms

Rainy Sunday.
Fine by me...I needed a rest day.  And after 5 hours of emails and computer work, my brain was pleading with me to stop.
Some of you are used to sitting in front of a screen all day.  Not me.  Its amazing I survived college.  But after overdosing on tea and 2 calls to mom for distraction, I was glad to be done. 
Its unfortunate I can't prank call them anymore.  They figured out caller I.D. 
Its ironic that technology is slowly stripping away my entertainment...

Weekend was good and fairly eventful.
One of my dear friends whom I've known for over 20 years got married on Saturday.
Here's a throw-back picture of us before our senior prom.  She's jokingly kneeling down because with heels she's well over 6' and makes me feel like a midget.

 Ceremony was beautiful, and I always like to watch the groom's face when those doors open and the bride makes her way down the aisle.  Ladies, just know that when he's looking at you smiling and practically drooling on himself, he is not analyzing your dress or how your hair looks.  No, your gentleman up there is standing shoulder to shoulder with the pastor picturing you naked and ready to jump on you like a sex criminal. 
Romantic isn't it?

Speaking of, the Mrs. texted me this morning.
Not going to lie, while I was grateful to hear from her, I couldn't help but think that being the morning after her wedding there was a high probability they were naked a few minutes ago,...currently,... or were going to be.  I suddenly felt the need to sanitize my phone.

I hit a serious wall today....I think it had to do with the weather.
But there I was sitting in church about to take communion knowing that if I closed my eyes for one more prayer I may end up in fetal position on the floor.  So I opted to simply stare at the cup and pray that grape juice would somehow transform into the strongest shot of expresso known to man. 
Oh I believe He heard me.
He just probably shook His head.
Its ok,...I'm used to it.

I'm ready to hit the gym tomorrow.
Like a moth to a flame.
It will be a busy week and then we'll hit full-fledged wedding mode after that.  5 weeks until my little brother gets married...showers...bachelorette weekend...breast pads to sew into my dress....so much to do.
And of course I have to prepare my speech.  5 bucks says mom is honestly worried I just might offend someone in there. 
Perhaps....and if I wing it, then yes, its safe to say that something might slip that we'll have to have a family meeting about later.
But 5 more bucks says I cry like a baby.  At which point I will try and play it off like someone let one rip at my table...


Here we go Monday....game time.




No comments:

Post a Comment