Monday, September 24, 2012

Hats Off to the Ladies

Most days just before I workout I want to lay my head on the desk and catch up on some much needed sleep.  Today was no different.  Not going to lie, just having to change clothes felt like a ridiculous task in that moment,...and honestly it pissed me off a little that I unfortunately could not snap my fingers and be decked out in my spandex ready to roll.
I am easily perturbed.  Shocking, I know.
But despite the sluggish start, it was a good workout so I can't complain.

The day didn't exactly start out like I expected...not that life is ever usually what we expect. 
Mom sent an email late last night that my dad's cousin passed away from a heart attack.  His third.  Age 48.
Trying to wrap my head around our own mortality is exhausting enough, but to try and understand why people habitually make choices that contribute to their death is beyond me.  Even more upsetting than the habits themselves is knowing that they were conscious, daily decisions.  Its truly sad.  And this is why I "get on my soap box" so often.  This is the reality we live in.  Fact is that everyday you and I are either contributing to our well-being or our destruction.  Whether we want the ownership of it does not matter,...its ours.

***

On a more positive note, I received numerous texts today of weekend-workout-accomplishments.  It was great.  Some think its silly to celebrate a "little" victory, but I say its vital.  Setting, achieving, and celebrating small goals along the way pave the way for the larger end goals.  Absolutely, bask in your achievements, be proud of yourself and then release it......that way you open yourself up to greater things to come.  Way to go ladies, very cool.
When you guys do anything noteworthy besides in the bathroom, I will celebrate with you as well.  But today I am giving a shout-out to a handful of dedicated females. ;)

Pooped.
I am drained.
This is when I get nervous typing because the filter fell off about 20 minutes ago.  How do you people function after 10pm?  I can hardly think straight and would definitely fail a sobriety test anytime after 7.  Not because I've been drinking, but because my ability to care enough to walk in a straight line and then actually get out of this seat to do it has pretty much become a disability. 
I am ridiculous.
Another day done.


No comments:

Post a Comment