Sunday, July 14, 2013

Soggy Jogger...

Its about this time every Sunday that I realize how coffee drunk I really am.
I look forward to my iced coffee all week, and then I go on a 3 day bender Friday-Sunday,...its a cheap and legal fix, thus I am completely fine with the fact that I am sweating all over the computer right now.
My low, and yet extremely high point of the day.
You would think I won the lottery.  I didn't.  I'm just easily pleased.

Well, I managed to regain a little sanity over the past few days...
One of my clients was so generous to let me use their beach house, so I escaped.....just me, my books, and enough protein to last two weeks.
Yes, I was able to relax, and even slept in until 6:45 one day.  What can I say, I live life on the edge.



The weather was amazing on Thursday.
I was out on the beach by 10:30, and pretty much flipped from face-down to face-up every 30 minutes like a honey baked ham until 4pm.
My only mistake was setting up right in front of a huge family who apparently had their own olympic version of corn hole going A-L-L D-A-Y.  Every 10 seconds, "Duuh.....Duuh....Duuh"...that is my interpretation of a bag hitting the board, and yes, I retyped it about 3 times before assembling the correct letters.
Needless to say I was one match point away from losing my mind and confiscating the bags.
When you hit the beach its always a toss-up,...do you sit in front of the 20-member family where sobriety is questionable among everyone including the 14 year old?  OR, do you take your chances near the 4 kids attempting to build a fort that will inevitably turn into just a hole...but you can't say its just a hole because their self esteem currently rests on a pile of sand, a dinky shovel, and a star shaped piece of plastic that is always deemed useless by the end.  Tough choice.
I generally opt for the dysfunctional intoxicated group....like choosing between a punch to the ribs or back of the head...

I will say though, I do actually enjoy running at the beach.  Its a change of scenery, and generally a breeze so I roll with it.
Friday morning's run started off great,...light breeze, cloudy, and then holy crap the rain came.  And when I say "came", I mean I literally could not see where I was going because it was falling so hard and practically sideways in my face.  At that point I had turned around but was still about 2 miles from the house.  A minute into my Noah's-Ark-like-jog, my ipod dies.  Soaking wet and I had no way of saving the poor thing.  I normally just stick it in my sports bra (there's extra room, lets be honest), but every inch of me was soaking wet.
So there I was, wasting oxygen cursing the fact that my ipod died mid-run.  The only laugh I got after that was passing a guy with an over zealous fuel belt on.  I swear this man somehow rigged it so he was able to fit about 9/10 bottles of water on that thing.  Had he remotely looked at the forecast he could have saved himself the added weight, tilted his head back every quarter mile and nearly drowned.
Genius.
And side note: Any physical endeavor that requires me to wear anything closely resembling a fanny pack,...not gonna happen.  Fat should not be flapping around right there or anything else for that matter.
I simply don't care for 9 mini-bottles of water to be nailing my uterus with every step for an hour.

Long story short, both days were soaking wet runs...and my shoes now smell horrible...




After a few days of straight cardio, I was definitely glad to lift today, and honestly ready to see my peeps tomorrow.
I can vacation for only a few days before I need my dictating-in-the-gym fix.  Shocking, I know.
And on a training note, my latest article will be up shortly!  Its on toning/muscle definition...ah, always a hot topic...
I'll post a link.

Alright, its about that time.  I have my whole nightly routine...much like a 5 year old.  Similar, but with less bed-wetting...
Its quite sad actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment