Sunday, July 28, 2013

Late Nights and Cold Feet

Sunday...

I slept in until 7:15.  Write that down.
Ok fine, it was partly because I was out last night with my soul sistas (Kelly and Jan), and didn't get to bed until late.  I say "late" like I was stumbling in while the sun was coming up.
Let's be honest, it was roughly 11pm.  I judge myself for this fact.
Whatever, it felt later and if there was any chance of me being remotely coherent today, I needed to get my butt in bed.

We had a blast in downtown Durham...dinner, live music, me being out of control,..standard night.
It was great to just laugh and carry on.


I surprised Jan with an essential gear for sleeping with my younger brother.
What?...she has cold feet...


Good times had by all.
 :)

In other not-so-important-but-important news...
It was all cardio for me today.  And honestly my legs were about shot. 
I struggled through the entire thing more than I'd hoped, but tried to simply get lost in my music.  Today was a mix of 2000s hip-hop and Remix radio on Pandora.  It was all fun and games until Mary J Blige came on.  I nearly lost my footing and face-planted on the belt.
I can't make it 40 seconds into her songs before I'm on a ridiculous emotional roller coaster and either mad as hell or nearly in tears.  Mary, you are killing me...
Gotta love her.
Needless to say, the cardio went fine and I lived to tell about it....tomorrow I will be ready for some weights...and perhaps some Goo Goo Dolls.
That was a joke.
Haven't been ready for Goo Goo Dolls since '98 and braces inhabited my mouth....which is normal.  Completely normal you Iris-lovers.  Move on.  Embrace life.  Its ok.

I've literally been staring at this computer for 5 hours now and am about 10 minutes from crawling in bed.  The fact that its 7:45 and the sun is still out is just a minor detail.
I am pooped.
I've been cranking away at stuff for my book, but wow what a process.  So much. 

Well, that's about it for my Sunday.  Ready for a busy week ahead...and new article to come next week!!  I'll keep you posted...



No comments:

Post a Comment