Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Win/Win

Beef and salmon.
Its whats for dinner.
Oh, and a ridiculous amount of green beans.  French style makes me happier than it should...its the crunch.  Damn that crunch.

Honestly, today felt like Thursday.  I speak of Monday as if it was days ago, and my brain seems to have taken a back seat over the last 24 hours.
I blame Sunday night.
There was a horrible storm and between that and stress, I literally rolled into my Monday on 3 hours of sleep.  I was a nightmare by noon.
Not sure how I made it home that evening,...I was in a coma-like zone for about 20 miles, and the rest is also a blur.
So dangerous, I know.  And yet not anymore dangerous than my dear citizen in the Chrysler mini van today.  Its great that your kid is an "Honor Student" and you feel the need to plaster 5 reminders on your back windshield because apparently the bumper is not good enough, but when you fail to use a turn signal, cut me off, and then proceed to incorrectly maneuver a 4-way stop,..at that point its clear your child overcame the gene pool because you're an idiot.
The best advice I ever received about driving is to assume that everyone is an idiot.  95% of the time you're right (always gratifying), and the other 5% of the time you're pleasantly surprised by their competence (also gratifying).  Its a win/win.

Onto fitness...
I meant to post about this a few days ago, but I want to give a BIG SHOUT OUT to my girl Jennifer, who is down 23 pounds and continues to make tremendous strides.  She absolutely works her butt off in the gym, and then has been committed to implementing the changes we discussed were absolutely necessary for her to reach her goals.
I love it.
Way to go girl!!!  So proud :)

Short and sweet tonight folks,...my email list is giving me arthritis just thinking about it.  Night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment