Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Feline Spooning and Sunday Insanity

This weather is unbelievable.
One minute we're practically canoeing down the street, and the next we're drowning in our own sweat.  I refuse to complain about the sun though,...its been rather scarce this summer and we're all one cumulus clump away from a vitamin D deficiency.

To be completely honest, today was a struggle.
I got 4 hours of sleep Sunday night, so combined with a Monday, today was approximately 52 hours long.
Ah yes, Sunday night....the night my iphone decided to enter a coma at 9:30 at night and send me into a complete freakout.  The screen went black, was not responding to anything, and so there I was hooking up my ipad and old blackberry trying to charge them enough to set both alarms for the morning.  By 10:15 I had things plugged in by the bed, in the bathroom,...it was quite a scene.  But I was not keeping calm and carrying on.
Blasphemous talk for anyone prone to anxiety.
Instead, I was sending emails to let people know my phone was dead, life was out of control, and Jesus might return by 2am.
I couldn't sleep.  I was so worried neither of the other 2 alarms would go off and I'd wake up at noon with no recollection of the night before, who I was, or why this cat was laying on my face.
I take worry to a whole new level.

Long story short, the demon possessed phone came on around 3am, all my alarms went off (insane moment in which Oscar may have lost 2 of his 9 lives), and I made it through my Monday just fine.  "Fine" being a relative term...

Good day at the gym despite my sleep deprived brain.
Clients always joke that when I get back from vacation I'm slightly out of control.  I get it,...they are partially correct.
I'll go 3-4 days without telling someone what to do and you would think I'd developed withdrawal.
I have.
But seriously, everyone was on point today...only minor complaints....which I tune out unless they are dying, bleeding, or about to pass out.  (Note: bleeding must be severe).

Speaking of passing out, I'm literally about to face-plant on this computer.
Time for bed.  I realize its only 8:30,...the care-meter is quite low...

I'll leave you with a picture of Oscar trying to spoon me.
I'm literally one claw away from loosing a boob...








No comments:

Post a Comment