Saturday, July 27, 2013

Exciting News and Angry Hamstrings

Ah yes, hello Saturday.
Let me tell you about a great feeling,...sitting at the kitchen table still buzzing on coffee while watching someone else mow my lawn.
I am totally fine with the judgements of "lazy",...I will continue to sit because quite frankly, I am mastering it right now.
Ok kidding, I am actually working and busting my rear trying to finish my website, set up a few other things in the works, and then write...and write...and write some more.  I am excited to share that after talking with Brian and diving through various ideas of WHAT I wanted it to look like, I am writing a book.
I am absolutely thrilled to be at this point in my career, and even more excited to share my knowledge, passion, and motivation with a wider audience.
With a full schedule and basically working everyday, I have no clue how long this entire process will take, but I feel like it is my baby.  Look Ma, I'm pregnant.  Ok, not really, and if I start lactating you're gonna see me on the news in a mini-meltdown...
So there ya go folks,...game time. :)

In other fitness-related news, my legs hate me.
I went to Duke yesterday to run East Campus and got on a roll.  The weather was awesome, my playlist was awesome, and ok fine, I was busy being awesome at the time.  That always comes back to haunt me...
It was all fun and games until sweat started burning my eyes and I swear I was crying by mile 2.
I went roughly 6.5 miles, and averaged just under an 8 minute pace,...so needless to say, my hamstrings are struggling today. After the run, it was a full afternoon with Pops and the girls at the pool.  I'll leave you with a few highlights of the Parkers living the dream...





No comments:

Post a Comment