Monday, February 4, 2013

Rough Start...

Today was rough.
I stayed up way too late last night, and when the alarm went off this morning I contemplated practicing my curve ball with it.
Now that I got an iphone, yes, the world is coming to an end, I set the alarm on both phones.  Its a mini nightmare at 4am.  The blackberry goes off and I'm caught in a state of confusion, frustration, and 2 seconds from a meltdown.  I'm swiping the screen, hitting the screen, practically getting arthritis in my hand, before it dawns on me the stupid thing has buttons.
By then the iphone is going off and the whole experience leaves me eagerly running to the bathroom to escape the madness.
Insane.

Speaking of ridiculous experiences,...
I had a massage on Friday, and talk about a wake-up call.  I was in so much pain.
There were several times I had to grit my teeth, curse the poor woman, and go to my happy place.  I have no clue where that is, but it certainly didn't involve laying naked under a sheet while someone dug their elbow in my rear.
The worst was when she got to my IT band.
I've never hurt like that before.
If she pressed any harder I wasn't sure if I was going to give birth, wet the sheets, or cry in fetal position for my mom.
All that said, it was a rude awakening that I have to spend more time stretching and rolling out my legs.  No excuses.
I see her again in 2 weeks. 
I feel the need to pack a helmet and a mouth piece.

Super Bowl Sunday was eventful.
Went to spend some time with the rents, and Happy Feet was running around the house in his acid wash jeans like the '87 legend he is.  It was entertaining to say the least, but there was no way I could make it through the entire thing.
After Beyonce's halftime breakdown I suddenly felt the need to run home and work on my moves.
I was out cold in the 4th quarter.

9:00 and I can hardly hold my eyes open.
Back to the grind tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment