Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Puddle Jumping...

A few minutes of quiet in the middle of my hump day...
I'm not quite sure what to do with myself, but the thought of fetal position on a horizontal surface sounds pretty appealing right now.
One of my dear clients informed me that I look really tired today.  That is code for "You look like hell, but it sounds better for me to say you look tired."
I get it.
I look like I went running with the bulls....and lost.
It was one of those wake-up-in-your-drool-and-grasp-for-your-dignity mornings.  At some point you realize its like trying to grab a fart.
Nonetheless, here I am.

This week I honestly feel overwhelmed.
I need a day to catch up on my sanity and it doesn't appear to be in my future for the next week or so.  Until then its full steam ahead while trying not to run anyone over.
This could get ugly, fast.

Today is Ash Wednesday, and while I'm not Catholic I do think practicing sacrifice in some area of our life for 40 days is a good, meaningful thing.
I need to give up wanting to shake the crap out of some people,...and yet I know my limitations.
I think we ALL need to give up giving in.  Giving in to excuses, the easy way out, and every temptation within us to give life anything short of our everything.
Often times I think we "settle" not because we don't want something greater or to achieve success as we define it, but that we give in to the temptation of complacency because its easier than actually stepping outside our comfort zone.
Time to break out.

Onward and upwards.




No comments:

Post a Comment