Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Self-Acclaimed Powernap Champ

I can power-nap like a pro.
I kid you not. 
Its a secret talent of mine I discovered in college (I napped quite a bit from 2001-2005).  But in all honesty, I can lay down, tell myself to wake up in 18 minutes, not set an alarm, sleep like a champ, and BAM I'm up in 18 minutes ready to grab life by the body part of your choosing.
Somehow it doesn't appear as impressive as I've always thought it was, but nonetheless it works for me and there ya go.
Thank God I had time for a nap today because I truly thought I was going to bang my head against the wall by 10am.  I was exhausted and still had a workout to squeeze in.  It was a long 4 hours before I made it to that nap.
The physical therapy table is my go-to.  I set that torso support at about 15* and I am out cold in about 30 seconds.  Its the little things...






I got a great tid-bit in an email yesterday that made my day.
I often get questions about healthy recipes and food combinations that are quick, can be made ahead of time, and actually taste great.  Many people struggle with the whole notion that if its healthy then it must taste horrible.  HA.  Let me tell you something, if my meals tasted horrible to me, there is absolutely no way I could stick to my routine.  Period.  I have will power, but only so much.
So I sent her a few of my staple recipes and food-tips when preparing meals and she said she'd shared them with numerous family members and taught them how to incorporate healthier meals into their daily lives. 
Paying it forward.  I love it.


On that note, I'll leave you with my turkey meatball recipe...




Turkey Meatballs
1 lb 97% lean ground turkey…may also use 96% lean ground beef
3/4 cup plain oatmeal
3 egg whites
2 tsp Italian seasoning
½ tsp garlic seasoning and dash of oregano
½ tsp salt
*spices are up to you...love garlic? add more!

1. Preheat oven to 350*
2. Mix ingredients together in large mixing bowl with hands
3. Line a 13 x 9 pan with foil and roll mix into 1 1/2 inch balls...should make roughly 12-14 meatballs
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes (each oven varies)

I put avocado on mine....a little different, but damn good to me :)...



Have a great day folks!


No comments:

Post a Comment