Monday, April 22, 2013

97% Chance the Plants Will Die...

Monday came like a sucker punch from the back, and I feel as though I am still recovering.

It was a busy weekend full of wedding festivities, yard work, and a cleaning list that looked more like a domestic death wish.   I can't complain because I totally do it to myself.  My OCD kicks in and before I know it I am drawing boxes to check off like its the 11th hour and I've somehow created my own mission impossible.
And then there was the yard work....
I've always admired my dad for his love to dig in the dirt and pretty much be able to grow anything despite my mom's ability to completely kill a plant without actually touching it.
Its magic.
Sparkles has a dark side....thank God...
But my dad is unbelievable when it comes to that stuff.  Last year I pull in their driveway and that creeper constructed the most ridiculous looking garden with a busted gate and chicken wire right there in the front yard.  Ironically, he grew squash the size of a small child and the sunflowers he spontaneously placed in there (Sparkles' request, shocker), were absurdly large.
If it didn't piss off the neighbors it at least scared them a little.
Amazing.

Point is, I get the job done when it comes to planting and adding some life to my habitat, but I don't daydream about digging in the dirt.
After 2 days, I'm tired, dirty, and totally aware that if I find a tick on me I just might freak out like a child and then proceed to burn it at the stake while humming my own version of Set Fire to the Rain.
My thumb is not green by any means.

***

On a cleaner note, a highlight of the weekend was the wedding of a dear friend of mine, Kellie.
I've known her since I was 12, and when it came to sports, she was my partner in crime.  We warmed up together before games/practice in volleyball and softball from 7th grade until we graduated high school.  She was always one of those players you never worried about.  She came out focused and knew what she needed to do to get the job done.
No BS and extremely funny.
Naturally, I loved that.  Ah the memories...(the last one was pretty standard pose all the time)



She did this impersonation of a baby goat that was unbelievable, and being the amazing person she is, she definitely whipped it out at the reception on Saturday night.
Just like in 1999, I nearly wet my pants from laughing right there on the dance floor,...which would have been quite unfortunate for everyone....
And this occurred about 2 songs before she comes up to me to say my dance moves were turning her on.  HA,...true friend right there.  You're welcome Scotty. 

It was an honor to celebrate with her, and always worth busting out the Wobble and a few Mer-originals for the sake of a good time...



Well, it was a solid work day and now I'm pooped.  Back to the grind tomorrow and some fitness updates that were truly exciting...
More to come folks.  Have a great night.  Sleep fast.


No comments:

Post a Comment