Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Tight Bras and Coffee Gifts

It was 10am and my body could have sworn it was almost bedtime.  I was yawning like 11th grade English class, and would have napped on a sweaty bench, mat, whatever.  (No offense Mrs. Brock, but asking me to read anything 20 minutes post-lunch and not fall asleep is pretty much like asking me not to be myself).  Underachieving 17 year old reader.  Shocking.
So there I was venting to a young athlete about what I wouldn't give for some liquid awesomeness in a cup (coffee of course).  I was ready to inject it at that point.
It wasn't 5 minutes later, and in walks Lora holding 16 ounces of that black beauty and hands it to me.  God smiled on me in that moment.
Smiled, and then gave me caffeine.
I'm fairly certain that after He fed the 5000, He handed out shots....of espresso.  Then said, "Boom.  You're welcome you heathens."
Happy Tuesday to me.

I welcomed a newbie aboard the Meredith-freight today.
She was initially discouraged and kept apologizing for sucking wind and being "so out of shape."  This amazes me, and happens quite often during an initial session.  Believe me, I am a realist when it comes to this stuff.  If you haven't worked out in years and are 70+ pounds overweight, I expect it to feel hard.  THAT'S OK.  Use it as motivation to keep moving forward.  Don't apologize to me, just refuse to give in to any temptation to quit simply because its hard.  Guess what?  It will be harder the next time you start over.  Buck up.  Dare to imagine life different than how you know it right now.
Then go.

My own workouts have been pretty solid lately.  I had back and core today....probably need to take it easy on the pull-ups.
My sports bras are getting tighter and its not because of growth from the front.
Good thing I didn't start holding my breath at age 12 waiting on the 'ol growth spurt.  I would have definitely passed out by 2005.
Great workout today though, no complaints.

Ok, time for bed.
Hump day awaits folks.
Game time.




2 comments:

  1. I almost spit water all over my desk when I read "boom, your welcome you heathens" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing I listened to Roberta as she insisted on buying you that coffee for me to bring over!! :) lol.

    Glad it helped, we all need a little caffeine here and there (yes, I did have myself a Coke later that day....just sayin').

    ReplyDelete