Sunday, January 20, 2013

Everyday I'm Shuffln'...

I didn't listen to my body today.
Now I am paying for it.
I was exhausted, worn down, looked like a UFC victim, but still wanted to enjoy the weather....so I stupidly went to Duke to run.
It took literally 14 seconds into my jog before I knew I would be doing the handicapped-shuffle by the end.  I had developed lead-weight cankles overnight and was hating life.  I learned my lesson, and shut it down after about 30 minutes.
Tomorrow, no cardio, all weights.  Thank you God.

Speaking of the weather...
Help me understand the need to immediately start stripping off clothes mid-January when its above 50 degrees.
Its not June.
This is not Spring Break 2013.
Pants are your friend right now.  Embrace them.  For the love of God put them back on.
And if its cold enough to wear Uggs with the shorts, ITS TOO COLD FOR THE SHORTS.  Its like wearing a muff on the beach.
You look ridiculous.
Sunday night fashion 101.  You're welcome.

New work week tomorrow.
I've got several newbies starting their journey, and I'm eager to rip their nutrition habits apart.  Ha,...that sounds horrible.  BUT, I say that because I love for people to get to that place where they feel better, healthier, and that fuels the cycle to continue.
Very cool.
Make a change for the better starting tomorrow.  Throw out those bonbons that are sitting in the pantry.  Drink more water.  The list could be endless.
But let one habit/change be the catalyst for another.
Progression.
Improvement.
Press forward.

Alright folks, I'm pooped and need to prepare for Monday.  Make it great.









No comments:

Post a Comment