Saturday, January 19, 2013

Aging....and Still Laughing

Its 6:20am.
If I ask myself right now if I honestly feel like doing my cardio, as my hands are sweating all over the keys from my coffee and my face still looks like I lost a fight in my sleep, the answer is an obvious "no".
Which is why I've learned never to ask myself anything within the first 45 minutes of waking.
My best friend could ask me for a kidney, and at any other point in my day I'd probably perform the surgery right there by myself.  However, if the request comes prior to coffee, I'm likely to refuse it and then offer a few sarcastic remarks instead.  As if its some type of consolation prize.
Its not.
It actually makes me a horrible human being upon waking.

Nonetheless, cardio will get done and I can go on about my day.
Its been a hectic week, and I think I've aged about 5 years since last Saturday at this time.  Which would make me a whopping 34.
I'd like to think that at some point between now and that actual time, I'd stop laughing at farts and people falling down.
I honestly see no end to it.
Still funny.

The work week was hectic with Garrett gone.
He was in CA training for his new job,....yes, he will be officially gone in less than 2 weeks.  I don't want to talk about it.
My right arm is being ripped off, and I want to beat him with it.
Nothing says "Good luck with your new career and life" like a going-away beating. 
He'll continue to train on the side, but I just hate that he cannot do it full-time.  He has the "it" factor when it comes to training that is simply not teachable.
He will be missed to say the least.
Now I have to break-in the next trainer....its like hazing, but not.  I guess there's no true way to prepare someone for me and dozens of personalities 40+ hours a week.
Strap on a helmet and get your mind right.

Well, its about that time.
Cardio needs to get done so I can go about the rest of my day.  Have a great weekend folks.
Keep pressing forward.

3 comments:

  1. Cardio? I did a 20 mile cardio workout yesterday, finished 2 hrs, 53 min later and lived to tell about it. :) Actually, it was a fantastic run and I felt incredibly strong through the whole run, finished the last two miles in 8:40 and 8:35. It's amazing what you can do if you just suck it up and do it! My mantra to myself, "Shut up and Run!" :) I know you'll like that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  3. Yes, I like that mantra. Sometimes we simply THINK too much. Don't think. Move. ;) Awesome job, glad it felt great!

    ReplyDelete