Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A Little Vom...

Mondays I'm good.
Tuesdays its like Monday is still holding me down and beating me.
Needless to say, I struggled my way through the majority of the last 15 hours.  Pooped.

To say I have to drag myself to start my workout on Tuesday is an understatement.  Yes, believe it or not, I do not love every second of it or run to the treadmill like a moth to a flame.
The flame kills the moth, and on most days prior to noon, I am convinced the treadmill just might do me in.
I live to tell about it.
Amazing.
In moments like that, I personally cannot sit there and motivate myself through positive self-talk.  Ha, no, I definitely bypass all of the encouragement, turn my brain off, and move.  Embrace the suck and keep moving.
The more I think about it, the more likely I am to have Garrett in a a judo move mid-workout out of pure anger and frustration.  Which is fine, if I were a ninja.  Unfortunately, I am not.
Sometimes we can get completely lost in the dread of the struggle, that we lose sight of the accomplished feeling at the end.  When that becomes insignificant along the journey, motivation will naturally decrease.  Do yourself a favor and bask in the successful feeling, then release it and anticipate the next.  Because there are times when the only thing remotely motivating is knowing its almost over and you didn't stop until you were truly finished.

Speaking of being done...
I think I reached a new low today when I literally watched someone vomit in a towel and continued to eat my chicken.
Apparently it takes more than a few chunks for me to lose my appetite.  And the fact that this did not bother me, bothers me
The best was the day a kid projectile vomited eggs and orange juice.  That one got a little messy.
I can't say its never happened to me.  Tis life.

Happy feet came in today.
He secretly likes to come in during Kelly and Michael so he can get on the treadmill and watch the show....not sure who he likes more, Kelly or Michael.
He wore sweat pants, 2 shirts, and a sweatshirt like he was training for the next Rocky.  There was no stopping him, but he didn't miss a beat talking to everyone mid-jog like the determined Wal-mart-greater-of-life he is. 





Way to go dad.

Whew, ok time for bed.  I can hardly think straight.
Big day tomorrow.
Get your mind right.



1 comment:

  1. Ha ha, your dad is GREAT! Better happy than a grumpy old man. :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete