Friday, January 25, 2013

Rashes and Goodbyes...

6:15 on a Friday morning and I did about all the sleeping-in I could do.
Pretty pitiful.
The coffee pot was calling my name.  So I answered.

It was a long week to say the least, but I lived to tell about it.  Yesterday was chaotic, and I am still recovering from my workout-rash.
I should probably explain this...
I left my workout clothes in the gym's washer the day before to simply have them ready to roll for yesterday's sweat session.  Well, when it came time to lift, I'd forgotten to put the damp clothes/towels in the dryer when I first got there.
They were soggy so there was no way I could put them on yet.
So I started my arm-assault with my work clothes I had on.  Running tights, under armour long-sleeve top, and a t-shirt over top.  This proved to be a horrible idea.
At one point during my pull-downs, I could literally feel myself getting a rash from all the seams under my arms.  Its one thing to push through a tired muscle and fatigue, I get that, I'm ok with that.  But to be rubbing myself raw for the sake of a bicep pump felt ridiculous.
Longest 4 sets of my life.

Dear under armour,
If the top costs more than $50, I feel slightly entitled to a rash-free experience.  It burns to put on deodorant.  This is not normal.  Thank you.

It didn't end there though.
After I lifted, I had to get in some cardio.  There was no way I could do it in my current skin-irritated-and-red-about-to-rip-my-shirt-off-in-anger state, so I had to change clothes.
My clothes were still not completely dry, but I had to get this done to head to an appointment, so there I was putting on damp spandex.
Aside from severe seam-rubbage, damp spandex ranks a close second on the horrible list.  And actually getting in it is like shoving a honey baked ham in a tube sock.
My thighs were rebelling.
The treadmill experience was not exactly favorable conditions, but I finished, and threw those clothes back in the washer like the angry, rash-covered meathead I was.
Needless to say, today's workout will be interesting.  I won't be shocked if I come out of there with hives and a few blood stains.

Onto better things...
This was Garrett's last week, and I cannot believe its already been over a year.  He was a huge contributor to the entire ActivEdge experience, and I know clients will miss him dearly.
Personally, I will miss looking over a workout program and asking him why its the third time he's spelled "run" with 2 n's.
We are not winning any spelling competitions over there, but damn if we don't have some awesome people.
Thank you Garrett, for everything.
You have great things ahead of you, none of which involve grammatical perfection....you're built like an ox, you'll survive. :)

Well folks, time to get this day rolling.
A couple golfers, a solid workout, some emails,...here we go....





No comments:

Post a Comment