Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Squash it!!

Just got done eating an amazing new concoction.  Do not judge me, I simply like a ton of texture in my food...I want an all-inclusive party in my bowl as well as my mouth.  Here's what I made:
I took a small yellow squash and zucchini, peeled it with this Pampered Chef device that made it like spaghetti noodles, then sauteed it in a pan with chunks of chicken.  Seasoned it with only some spray olive oil, garlic powder, and some sea salt.  Once cooked, I mixed in some finely chopped carrots, Parmesan cheese, a dash of ranch flavoring, and cottage cheese.  It was the most bizarre mixture, but was absolutely great.  Excellent ending to hump day if I do say so myself.  I should have taken a picture...looked pretty sick actually.

Great day.
I felt rested despite waking up at least 5 times last night wondering what day it was, if I was running late, and who this man was laying next to me.  Ok, I figured out the latter pretty quickly.  But seriously, not the best night's sleep, that's for sure.  As far as workouts go, all I had was sprints.  I opted for hill sprints since my legs were not horribly sore from yesterday's workout...shocker.  Had a PR yesterday on squats which made my day...220 for 5 reps on the last set.  My glutes were screaming obscenities.  So worth it.  Anyway, today's sprints felt great and I finished with light cardio for 15 minutes.  I was definitely glad to head to the shower after that....
Tomorrow is back to upper body.  I'd love to see 50's on incline...we shall see...

Ok, time for some shut-eye.  Hopefully tonight I will not have a midnight-freakout...my God its absurd, but I'm sure Ryan is entertained...   

No comments:

Post a Comment