Monday, September 26, 2011

Opening doors

Monday,...here I am.
Coming off of an eventful weekend, the alarm went off a little too early this morning.  I finished the week with a bout with the pilates reformer machine...Anna nearly killed me.  My inner thighs were raw and I was caught in a couple of positions that I'm pretty sure are only acceptable in the hospital...while giving birth...
I needed the stretching though, and an extra day away from the weights was a good thing.  I felt stronger today and ready for anything...well, sort of....

I jacked the weights back up and went for reps of 10-12 on all major strength movements (rows, WG pull-ups, shoulder press,...), and then went 12-15 reps on all isolation moves (DB curls, lateral raises,...).  I finished the day with a 4.25 mile jog and then gladly hit the shower.  I was pleased with the workout and am surprisingly looking forward to leg day tomorrow.  Eh,....I take it back,...I totally take it back...

Had an awesome day with clients.  One client in particular had an incredible victory this weekend.  She won her age group in a local 5k, and had a PR.  This was huge for her.....this came from a woman who used to be 90 pounds heavier and not even be able to walk a mile.  So proud of her.  But what's even more exciting is watching her start to genuinely believe that she is capable of more.  More than what she used to do.  More than what others may have thought was possible.  More than she believed was achievable just a few months ago.  Awesome.  It made my day to say the least.

Other big shout out....I went to watch Tyler play soccer last Thursday night.  The AAA state champs versus the AAAA state champs.  Intense game, T had a critical PK....nailed it...they walked away with a win by 1 goal.  Awesome job...and some sick foot skills....all that running made me tired and made me appreciate the measly 4 miles I ran today.  To be honest, soccer might be my nightmare....running back and forth for 90 minutes and telling me I can't touch the damn ball with my hands.  I was done at the "running" part.  Hard to believe I was the catcher on the softball team, right?!  Ha....yeah right....all I had to do was squat and talk crap to the batter.  Check and check.

Well, I better head to bed...long day awaits.
Keep moving...always up :)

1 comment:

  1. 4.25 mile run??? I'm impressed! Happy Monday and glad to see you back on the blog...pumped you got to see T play too. He's really working hard right now and we're hoping for the best as he moves closer to college. Keep up the great work Mer

    ReplyDelete