Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Need a break

Its been a week since my last post, and I feel like the days are absolutely flying by.  I've been in 5th gear for the past couple of weeks and am ready to hibernate for like a month.  I just simply have not had any type of balance lately, and combined with a lack of sleep and you got yourself a hot mess...

Training is going well, although I know I need to take a few days off.  My strength is down, and coming off of 7 solid weeks of power/strength phase, I am in much need of rest....sooo hard for me to take a break from the weight room though.  This week I started back at 10-12 reps, 12-15 on legs, and am taking a break from sprints.  Everything is sore.  I am sucking wind through each set because I cut my rest time down to 40 seconds between sets (I've been doing 90-120 seconds to maximize strength gains over the last few weeks).  So the decrease in rest time has been a punch to the gut...
Overall, I was pleased with my gains....here are a couple of my PR's for reps of 4-6:
Flat DB bench press - 55lb dumbbells
Squats - 220lbs
Leg press - 510lbs (thought I might lose bladder control at this point)
Weighted WG pull-ups - bodyweight,+ 15lbs
Incline DB press - 50lb dumbbells

I'll take it for now...
It was eye opening to me to see just how far I could push myself...5 more pounds...10 more pounds...one more rep.  I would literally say "just one more" to myself, curse, and then shoot for one more rep...such a weird, angry cycle....ha.  But honestly, my body is extremely tired at this point.  7 weeks of that and I was looking forward to increasing the reps this week.  Ugh....still debating whether or not to lift on Thursday/Friday.  ONLY doing cardio makes me a little nauseous thinking about it...

Ok, I've got to get in bed...more to come later...

1 comment:

  1. Dang those are some heavy weights right there! Probably a lot more than I could do right now. I know what you mean when you say you're running yourself into the ground. I am exhausted right now but we just gotta keep pushing. We can always sleep later :) Anyway, just keep rockin and I can't wait to see you at the game on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete