Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Last 30...

Hump day.
My hump day began at 4am when I woke up wondering where I was and who was this rat laying on my chest.
Oh right...no rat.  Just my shaved cat.
I caught some crap for Oscar's "trim".  Apparently its a horrible thing to shave a cat who can't seem to keep himself completely clean or from nearly choking to death on hair balls.  His brain is the size of a peanut.  I hardly think he A) cares, or B) knows whats going on half the time.
He's fine,...but I appreciate the concern.  Sort of.

Long, but good day.
I got in some cardio, core, and triceps early this morning...then hit the coffee like a champ.  4 cups later I was a semi-functioning human being.
No, I'm not crazy about an early morning workout, BUT it is nice to get it done and get on with the day.  I'm fairly certain my 6am'ers are not too thrilled about squatting before the sun comes up, but they are in, out, and feel much better when they're done.  It honestly doesn't matter what time you choose, just DO IT.  I've done 5pm workouts, noon workouts, 4am workouts...at any given moment they can all suck, so you might as well embrace it and move on.
Promise you won't regret it.

Well, it is finally hitting me.
Its my last 30 days in my 20's.
Holy crap, where has the time gone...and why do I still find senior-citizen-walking-farts funny?  Part of me is still 14 I guess.
Honestly though, its caused me to do a lot of reflection, and I hope to have a list of 30 things I've learned in 30 years by my birthday.  The dirty 30.  Hell, if I can't come up with 30 things over 3 decades that's pretty sad.  No worries,...I'm on it.
I promise it will be genuine and no references to "YOLO"....Fact: 99% of horrible decisions are made about 3.5 seconds after saying that. When was the last time someone smarter than you screamed "YOLO!" just before doing something admirable. 
Exactly.

So there's the plan.
One more full day of work and then I can't wait for some Aunt/niece time with Miss Payton this weekend!  Oh do I have some fun planned.  Let the party begin...






No comments:

Post a Comment