Monday, May 20, 2013

Feline Sausage

Monday morning.
I wake up and Oscar looks at me like its a typical start to the week and excitedly jumps up like a 5 year old waiting on a handy-snack.  He has no idea what's coming.
Today was his vet appointment to be shaved and bathed.
Not sure if cats contemplate suicide, but I'm fairly certain the thought crossed his mind as I wrapped him like a sausage to get him in his crate at 4:30am. 
He cried the entire car ride.
What's worse than hitting the highway before the coffee sets in and dealing with people who should've had their license revoked in 1997?...Doing it with a crying cat in the backseat.
Honestly, I felt bad.  But not that bad.  His hair is out of control, and cleaning up regurgitated hairballs the size of a pharet gets old pretty quickly.

Ironically, he now has cankles...and a matching set of mittens...



Great day at work.
I am very excited about the talk I'm giving here in a few weeks at the gym.  My plan is to give these periodically on various fitness/health related topics and open it up to anyone.  I want it to be personal, informative, and just real.  If you're in the area, please join me...its free!

Speaking of, I have an article coming your way in a week or so...pretty pumped about this one as well.  The topic?  The F word.
Not that one.  Although I could write about that as well, lets be honest,....no, FAILURE.  The dreaded F word.  I will discuss perspective, what it means, and how its relates to our fitness journey.  Ah yes, I have lots to say about this one.....shocker.

Weekend was good.
I'm still fighting a horrible eye infection that took over both eyes Saturday/Sunday.  I kept wondering why people were looking at me funny, and it took all of 3 seconds to remember I looked stoned at 8am.
And at noon...
And still at 5pm...
Today is better, but not 100%.
I texted one of my clients on Friday who's a doctor to ask about treatment, and the response added to the list of reasons I love what I do and the people I train.  The conversation went something like this:...

Me: "...get eye drops or wait it out?"
Doc: "one eye or two?  sick otherwise?"
Me: "One....nah, just tired."
Doc: "prob just wait,...most likely viral and drops won't help....you'll be fine."
Me: " :)....No STDs, just a runny eye,...I'll take it"
Doc: "That's what she said!"

Love my peeps.
And she was right,...eye is getting better.  Still look like I haven't slept since April, but whatever,...it beats eye-drainage.

Well, that's it on my end.  A little down-time and then ready to roll tomorrow...



No comments:

Post a Comment