Monday, March 3, 2014

Toddler Tats

Another day in paradise.
And by paradise I mean freezing rain with a 80% chance of bitterness.
Yesterday was 68 degrees and I was practically breaking out the shorts and goggles.  No they don't go together, but my god when its that nice in early March you get a little crazy and make poor decisions.  Shorts and goggles being a good starting point...

It was a busy weekend with friends, work, NAPS (oh the excitement for daytime sleep), and temporary tattoos from my nieces.  I'm sitting there chatting with Kelly and the next thing I know Payton is using my arm as an art project.
 Which was fine,...lets be honest, she could have plastered some 4 year old version of Chinese letters on my neck and I would not have cared.
I'll probably go back next week for a matching tramp stamp.

Fat Tuesday is tomorrow...amazing after all these years they couldn't come up with a better name...
I've spoken with numerous clients who are taking part in Lent and giving up some food item, facebook, cursing, etc.  No, I'm not Catholic, but I think it is a good practice to focus on positive change and self-discipline.  All that to say, to start my 40 days of self-induced deprivation, I'll give up gum.
Ugh,...hurts my soul to even think about it.
WWJD?  Probably turn the water into Orbitz bubblemint and chew like a champ.
The first 3-5 days are the worst.  I did this a couple of years ago and I found myself extremely frustrated, cursing more, but less gassy.  Not sure that was a win/win or a lose/win....either way I survived.
And bottom line, as I told one of my athletes, the very thing that comes to mind that would be hard to give up, is the very thing you need to.
Within reason,...anything relating to personal hygiene can stay.  Period.

I had several people email me this weekend about easy, healthy recipe ideas.  SO, I will post more on here (going to shoot for one a week),...and for those of you at the gym, I will print and post them there as well!  It always amazes me how complicated we try and make it.  Every meal does not have to be a gourmet, take 3 hours to prepare, practically kill-the-chicken-yourself, kind of meal. 
I need fast and easy.
...Keep it in context people...
But I do get a lot of clients throwing their arms in the air out of some kind of nutritional surrender thinking there is either a meal that takes forever and has 24 ingredients, or the drive-thru.  Let's find a happy medium that does involve a little prep, but no desire to take the ladle to someones head post-dinner...

8:20...my goal is to be in bed by 9.
Living. The. Dream.



No comments:

Post a Comment