Sunday, March 16, 2014

It's Always The Prius' Fault...

Sunday here we are.
What a week...I finally got back in my house Tuesday night, and I've never been so excited to turn on a light switch in my life.  Power on.  Yessss.
The upside of not having power was staying with David, Kelly, and the girls.  Related: I need to work on my character-voice-change while reading Snow White.  I got a witch, a princess, and 7 creepers.  The expectations for a flawless delivery are slightly unrealistic, but by God I will give my best effort.
Dramatic effect.
That's the goal.

In other dramatic news, I got in a slight fender bender on Wednesday.
That was fun.
As fate would have it, it was with a Prius.
Yep, don't want to discuss the irony, but shockingly it was her fault.  Go green, dodge the tree, hit a Mitsubishi....
But honestly it was nothing major and conveniently since I don't wash my car, the marks blend in with the dirt, bug debris, and bird feces.
Look I'm conserving water.

Fitness,...
After mentioning my sub-par workouts last week I was back to the grind over the last few days.  She's baaack.  Which is good,...for my own sanity. 
Someone asked me this week how often I weight myself.  Honestly?  About once every 3 months.  Maybe twice if I have the sudden urge to see just how much water one can retain after a sushi night.
I know when my clothes don't feel right, so I don't need a number in my face to remind me.  Is it beneficial for some to have that accountability on a regular basis?  Sure.  But everyone's journey is different and I've been a size 2 at 95 pounds, and a size 2 at 125, so that number is irrelevant when I strap on the lycra/spandex blend and boldly face the day as a gym ninja.
I am not a ninja.
This is unfortunate.

Speaking of health,...I have a physical/check-up this week with a new doctor.  As health-oriented as I am, I am ashamed to say that the last time I had a physical I think Tupac was alive.
Perhaps a little exaggeration, but it was awhile ago and I am overdue for another.
Personally, I can't wait for the "The doctor will be with you in a minute"....as I sit for the next hour in nothing but a oversize paper-towel, socks, and what little dignity I have at that point.
By the time she gets there I've read every poster 4 times and diagnosed myself with asthma, shingles, and a string of the bird flu.
The entire experience is well-worth the copay and awkward Q&A session.  I try to refrain from sarcasm, but its too tempting when the word vagina is thrown around the room like a hacky sack for 20 minutes straight.
Needless to say, I will report back with my adventure...

On that health note, another recipe to come either tomorrow or Tuesday, and its bedtime for yours truly...
Game time tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment