Sunday, March 23, 2014

Stress, Orbitz,...and Dad's Shamrock Unmentionables

Sunday, here we are.
Its been a quiet day for me,...nothing planned, just some me time.  Did that happen to include a nap, coffee, and premeditated shoe purchases?
Maybe.
What can I say,...the flip-flops were practically calling my name, and the fact that I generally wear the display size is like handing me the metaphorical flask.
Consider it done.

In all seriousness though, after my doctor's appointment Friday, it was a wake-up call to the amount of stress I allow and, ok, induce upon myself on a daily basis with my schedule.
I'm still waiting to get blood work tests results, and after watching the woman take 8 panels I started to feel like a research project.  Needles don't necessarily freak me out, but losing sensation in my extremities 3 minutes after discussing panic attacks with my doctor doesn't exactly help the situation.
I was about 2 panels shy of a blackout and/or wetting my pants.
...and if both, hopefully in that order.

Bottom line:..my life is nuts.  My schedule is nuts.  And its effecting my health.
She kind of laughed and said "well, normally we recommend people starting with a healthier diet and exercise."
...ummm....yeah...like telling a goose to poop...everywhere...all the time.
Wasted. Breath.
Buuuttt, I do need to create margins somewhere.  (And all my friends nod their heads wide-eyed).
I'm a work in progress...

In other health-related news,...I haven't had gum in almost 3 weeks. 
Probably why I'm stressed.
Who cares that I've saved roughly $30.  I'd pay 40 for some Orbitz bubblemint and that initial 10 seconds of chomping euphoria right about now.
I wish I were kidding.
BUT, I've refrained...and thank you to Tyler who is holding me accountable ;)

The weekend was great...dinner with a friend, family birthday, coffee with a friend...I make it sound like I am a social butterfly.
I am not.
More like a moth.
Nonetheless, it was what I needed after a couple panic attacks and sleep-deprived week.  I'll leave you with a couple pictures from the family b-day dinner.
And yes, that is dad...at 60...dressed like a leprechaun.  I don't ask questions anymore.
He said mom gave him matching underwear....which, thank God were never displayed.  I can handle a lot of things, but my father in shamrock boxers is not one of them.
Between mom's fairy dust and dad's willingness to dress in bedazzled holiday apparel, I should charge admission to Parker gatherings...










No comments:

Post a Comment