Sunday, March 30, 2014

Now Panic and Freak Out

Thankfully, today felt long.
(...things you don't often say...)
I needed a slow Sunday to unwind, do whatever, and basically get my mind right for the week ahead.  I have a few vacation days coming up, in which I will be MIA for the sake of humanity.
Time to regroup.
Refocus.
...and perhaps read more than 10 pages of a book without falling asleep mid-paragraph.
(Story of my life).

It was quite the week with work, catching up with friends, and following up with my doctor...
Yeeeaaa, about that...so my liver enzymes were "elevated" and after missing 2 phone calls from her assistant with messages to call her back as soon as possible, you can imagine the panic mode I suddenly went into.
I pretty much went zero-to-60 and started writing my will by the time I listened to the second voicemail.
It was 2 hours before I was able to get a nurse on the phone and explain that to leave a vague but concerned voicemail to someone who was just in for panic attacks ranks up there with water torture.
She clarified my numbers were not alarming,...which was good, because I was honestly trying to figure out when I was unknowingly beating my liver with jager bombs and causing this internal craziness.
Ridiculous.
Conveniently though, Duke has everything online so you can easily access your doctor's notes, text results, etc...
I've reached a new level.  "Current Health Issues:..."
Spasmodic colon
Anxiety problem
Mood problem

Holy crap Doc, thank you for making me sound awesome.  You shouldn't have.
No really...
I'd argue with the mood problem, but adding "denial" to the list would be too much right now.
Onward we roll...

Another recipe coming your way tomorrow.  3 main ingredients.  So easy.
Again, why we make it so hard is beyond me.  Back to the basics folks...whole, real foods.
I'll touch on more of that later...

Monday madness coming up...I have a packed day and several new clients to start the journey.  Very pumped.
And yes, when I initially meet people I am analyzing absolutely every aspect of their personality and self-perception.  The stories they share, their tone when talking about their fitness/body/habits, what they say, what they don't say, ah the list could go on.  It speaks volumes to not only where they are, but the extent to which they are willing to do whats necessary to get where they claim they desire to go.
Full day ahead.

On that note, I am off to read a few more pages, perhaps catch up with what Sparkles is getting into tonight, and then hitting the bed...
Night folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment