Sunday, November 3, 2013

Let The Holiday Games Begin...

My intentions of writing over the past few days were apparently overridden by my ADD and compulsion to get everything else done except blog.  Its absurd really.
My to-do list looks more like a grammatically inept book versus list.  Auto-correct has made us all idiots when it comes to spelling, and I will be the first to admit I receive the "No Replacements Found" message more than any human being with a high school diploma should.
So then when it comes time to actually write something out, I nearly have a panic attack because there's no higher being replacing my sorry ass attempt to spell "vacuum" or "diarrhea",....(I misspell those fairly often and its sad on many levels)...

The weekend started off with a Parker-gals trip to Greensboro for a Christmas shopping experience at the coliseum like no other.  We go every year, walk around for about 5 hours, prevent Sparkles from buying anything resembling a fanny-pack, and then cap the night off with a dinner.
We had a blast.
Christmas was practically everywhere, and I managed to get out of there with a few gifts for others.....and for me.  Expecting me to go in there and be completely selfless is like asking an infant not to crap themselves.
Its gonna happen.
Get wipes.  Be prepared.
I didn't go overboard, but one of the best things I got was a vegetable peeler that makes my cabbage-shredding experience more like heaven and less like a pain in the rear.
Honestly, I would have paid more than $10 and risked the cuts.
The demo alone sold me.  This country bumpkin was peeling carrots, potatoes, and grapes like a daggon magician,...and just as I'm thinking "Who the heck peels grapes?" there I am making it rain in booth #476...

I snagged a couple shots from the outing...


Great way to start the weekend...

The rest is sort of a blur between clients, computer work, errands, and Christmas movies.  Yes, I pretty much bypassed Halloween this year.  I had intentions of wearing a "costume" to work on Thursday, but as I gazed in my closet at 3:48am, the thought of wearing anything remotely humorous was no longer humorous.  I could hardly think straight.
I was going to dress up as my own mini-nightmare and mis-match everything head to toe.  But that plan quickly faded before the first cup of coffee,...knowing full well that I would literally have a panic attack by noon if I looked like I was assaulted in a circus dressing room.
Such a party-pooper, I know.  So I opted for all black Nike head to toe....typical life of a ninja, what can I say...

Tomorrow is back to the grind and headed into a very busy November.
Before I know it I'll be getting ready for Santa and having to explain why he really needs to stop being such a judgmental creeper.

Well, I can barely keep my eyes open....that alarm will be yelling obscenities at me here shortly....the feeling is quite mutual.
Beauty rest here I come,...





No comments:

Post a Comment