Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Freezing in a Pseudo-Muff

Wow, what an amazing forecast we had rolling today here in 'ol NC....40's, rain,...with a 70% chance of depression.  Sweet.  Everyone was in a great mood and ready to workout, believe me...

I was so cold all day. 
If I could have balled up in the dryer and been sure I'd escape injury-free, I would have seriously contemplated low-tumble-dry for at least 5 minutes....or until I was just shy of second degree burns.  Yes, I was that cold, and once again a hoodie was my saving grace.
Whoever invented that front pocket is a genius.  Period.  The hood is just a bonus.
My guess is that it was a guy who realized that putting your hands in your pants for warmth is acceptable on the field, but eh, "frowned upon" on the subway.  The "what am I supposed to do with my hands now?!" question arose, and boom there ya go.  Add some fleece and a built-in ipod pocket and you've got yourself a pseudo-muff party right there below your bellybutton.
Amazing.
 
It was a pretty standard day in the gym with the exception of college kids back in town.  Tyler showed up at 4pm with some surprise Starbucks. 
Day.  Made.
I don't question it, I just roll with it and take it to the face like a champ.  It was great to see him, meet the official GF, and catch up.
The fact that he is turning 20 tomorrow makes me feel old....considering the fact that when he first came to the gym he'd only recently stopped thinking girls had cooties and/or some version of an incurable rash.
Time flies.
And Tyler, thank you again for the Starbucks...it was perfect timing!!

Tomorrow is a short day for me and then I will start getting my mind right for Thanksgiving....which may or may not involve meditation and preventative doses of pepto bismol.  Am I the only one who thinks pepto and gas-x taste like candy?...Explains quite a bit, I know...

Well, on that note I better hit the bed.  A short, but absolutely packed day tomorrow...
Hump day here we go.



No comments:

Post a Comment