Sunday, January 19, 2014

Waiting For The 3rd Musketeer...

I feel as though I have literally filled every minute today with something.  Meal prep, emails, church, training, emails, another meeting, more emails, trying to stay sane in Whole Foods,...the list is ridiculous and truly all I want to do for an hour is watch mindless tv and let my brain chill out for more than a 20 second daydream.
I'm easily pleased.
But yes, its been a busy weekend....
Kelly and I hosted a baby shower for Jan, which was fun, but I wish I had a dollar for every inappropriate reference to the actual conception of that child during the event.  Generally we do not cross your line of decency,.....we sprint through it like a convict.  My idea of playing pin-the-nipple-pads-on-the-boobies got shot down, which was disappointing.  Apparently, we can pin a tail on a donkey but not be practical and sympathetic to the breastfeeding process in the form of a game.
That's crap.
However, it was a lot of fun and to say I am excited to welcome the arrival of niece #3 is an understatement. 
Start buying stock in Tampax asap.
A few pics...

 The Procreaters...
The gals...

Payton discovering the fun of Aunt Mena's shoes...

Trouble.....and excitedly waiting to welcome Miss Bella into the mix...



It was a great week with clients and just truly seeing people settle into new habits.  Yes, I still deal with my handful of folks that would rather risk a verbal assault from me than do 4 more lunges, and I'm ok with that...as long as they finish the lunges. ;)
It is funny to me how people often feel the need to tell me when they don't like an exercise.  Not sure if they think I'll put a star by it in my notes to never do again or what.  99% of the time we don't like what we haven't mastered.  Period.
(...Explains my relationship with calculus, chess, and mechanical bulls). 
But seriously, I hear this all the time.  So I go back to expectations....expect it to be tough, expect not to like every aspect of getting in shape, expect to feel more motivated some days than others....
That. Is. Normal.
Amazing that we often need reminders we are not Superman, Wonder Woman, or any other famous fib in spandex.  Nope, just a regular human being in enough dry-fit and invisible solid to prevent all reoccurring bodily fluids...
Embrace it.  Its fine.

Well, I need to get my butt in bed and prepare for another crazy week.  How I am this calm right now is beyond me...

No comments:

Post a Comment