Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Gum Bender

Gotta love those personal moments when you're like "yeeeaa, this might be an issue..."
Mine just happened at the gas station with $9 worth of gum and a prayer my jaw would survive the ride home.
I'd forgotten to bring some to work and you would have thought the world was coming to an end.  Yes, it was horrible.  And yes, I am fully aware its an addictive stress-relief outlet I have. 
I judge myself.  Its fine.  And there was certainly the moment when I'm at the counter fully aware of the fact that both me and the guy behind me will walk out with brown bags....the difference being that mine was meant for a 7 year old.
Worth every penny.

I am spent.
This week has been busy and ridiculously cold.  9 degrees yesterday morning....unbelievable.  My hands are cracking, bleeding, and now my current bedtime routine has reached new levels.
...Wash the face, brush teeth, lather up the face and eyes, put on enough layers to avoid cold, bedbugs, or any airborn STD within a 5 mile radius,...neosporin and bandaids on the fingers, handcream, and then gloves. 
My. God. 
I'm practically ready for battle....were I ever called to fight in flannel and ointment.  
...But seriously my hands are killing me. 

Time for bed.  My days are all running together and there appears to be no let-up until Saturday night.  Eesh...
Short and sweet.  Hump day ovaaa...

1 comment:

  1. Glad I'm not the only one with the cracking hands!!!! It's horrible!!!!!

    ReplyDelete