Sunday, December 29, 2013

Holiday Hangover...

I feel as though Christmas came, went, and now we're all doing the holiday walk of shame.
The last week was a whirlwind of work, holiday parties, and a few headaches that may or may not have been self-induced.  Yes, I tend to stress myself out....add a major holiday in there and you're practically pouring gas on the fire.
But I survived.
My Christmas morning started with a jog.  A cold ass jog.
It was 27 degrees when I left the house, and it literally took me 3 miles just to "warm-up" and remotely feel my face...sort of.  At that point the only reason I needed to be covered in dry-fit gear was in case I wet myself without knowing.
Yes, there was a 82% chance of that happening.  All I could think about was how cold I was...and how horrible it felt to start....and baby Jesus.  WWJD?? 
Not. This.
Not running in weather that begged for a snuggie, a couch, and Sleepless in Seattle.  If you hate that movie you are lying.  You love it.  Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks have been making out since the early 90's and every time its PG and its awesome.  Period.

Back to my Christmas,...
After I regained feeling in my face, and 7+ miles later, I was ready to face my day.  No pun intended.
I finished wrapping gifts and loaded the car to head to the Parker house.  My trunk was a Christmas nightmare...

Yes, I do the big bows.  I like it.  Its festive.
...And, well, I discovered a few years ago that Oscar is not intelligent enough to decipher thin ribbon from actual grass.
Idiot.
So I'm not trying to spend a holiday extracting ribbon from my cat's anus.  Been there.  Done that.  Still traumatized.

It was off to the Parker house later that day.
Of course Sparkles and her side kick were in rare holiday form...

Mom was so excited she couldn't stand it.
No she didn't take that hat off the entire night.
We had a blast between dinner, gifts, and the bakery that Payton and Haven were running to ensure we all had our fare share of sugar that night...

Their understanding of "sanitary" and "portion control" was slightly off.  Pretty sure I ate the cookie Payton licked in picture 1,...and left with diabetes from the sprinkle-infested cookie Haven constructed in picture 2...

What a night...
We opened gifts, laughed until it hurt, and had constant entertainment from all parties involved.  I laughed at my brother as I watched him open an old storage box from his childhood.  See, mom is at this stage in life where in an effort to clean out crap from their house, she cleverly disguises it as a sentimental Christmas gift....when in reality, its like a yardsale item you didn't want...topped with a bow...and a smile from mom...
No turning back.  You take it like a champ.
So I laughed at David until I opened my own.  Dammit.
It was full of old beanie babies (whoever invented those should drown in them), and writings from when I was younger.  I had a cricket journal, a portrait of myself that resembled ET, and a few stories about missing children.
Yeah,..slightly disturbing...
Thank you mom.
All I wanted for Christmas was clutter from my past.
Awesome.   When you hit my college years, you wrap up everything and burn it.

...I give her a hard time, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't save all that stuff and spend more than a few minutes laughing at my perspective on life at the age of 8.  The world was simply not ready...

Well, I am about to hit the bed and prepare for a few days of vacation...CRAZY.
I might live life on the edge and sleep until 7....whoa...easy killa.
I'll leave you with a few more Christmas pics...






No comments:

Post a Comment