Sunday, December 1, 2013

Dick, Jane, and a Flogging..

Sunday pretty much flew by.
I rolled over at 5:30 this morning and basically gave my alarm the look of death, rolled back over, and resumed fetal position.
I prefer my left side.  Random factoid for your evening.

Despite being extremely tired all morning, I managed a workout without nodding off or cursing my own name.  But, not going to lie, it was one of those days when I was more than happy to be done.  Time to retire the spandex.....ok fine, for about 24 hours...

I made my way to the new Harris Teeter today.  They relocated my meat-men from the other HT over there (slightly perturbed), so I had to go visit.
I'm a sucker for great customer service.  Combined with fresh meat, my day is pretty much made and I'll assume we're friends for life.  We'll probably get matching bracelets.
All in all it was a solid shopping experience I capped off with some Starbucks before heading to meet a friend...
Apparently I wasn't thinking too clearly as I drooled over the Starbucks menu like the addict that I am, because I had to immediately head to Whole Foods to meet Kathryn.
Rule #2: Don't walk into Whole Foods with a Starbucks cup.
(Rule #1: Bring your own bag and wear running attire...whether you just ran is irrelevant)
With my coffee in hand, I might as well have thrown on a fur coat and held a "I'm against recycling" sign.  Yeah, I should have thought that one through a little more before risking a post-coffee flogging from random onlookers.

We sat there for over 2 hours solving all the world's problems except for our own.  Typical.
Laughing, crying, we had to cover the spectrum to complete the afternoon.  But the experience would not have been truly complete without the people watching. 
Thank God for window seats.
As we sat there discussing life, love, and the pursuit of all things non-cra-cra, we noticed a couple sitting outside with a table full of cards.  Back and forth, intense "play" of some sort, it was the most intriguing and yet boring thing I've witnessed. 
For a solid 20 minutes we couldn't figure it out,...and then ahh! he pulls out the box.
Lord of the Rings.
Lord of the damn Rings.
We're in there crying, marinading in sarcasm, and about to get sucker punched over a Starbucks cup, and meanwhile Dick and Jane are practically making out over a card game.
Life is indeed ironic and hilarious....

Well, I've got a full week ahead and then its off to New York with the gals!...I am beyond excited, but have a couple of big deadlines before then.  Ah yes, that's how it goes...
Here's to a new week folks...and holy crap its already December...
 


No comments:

Post a Comment