Sunday, December 15, 2013

Former Fairy and Bipolar Drinking Disorder

What a weekend.
Finally got to see the sun today.  Thank.  God.
Yesterday was a meteorological nightmare...cold, rainy, 100% chance of showers and perhaps the same chance of tear shed in a snuggie and closet drinking by 4pm. 
What a gross day.
BUT, the weather was certainly off-set by the family Christmas gathering at my parents' house.  The laughter was pretty much non-stop, as was the ridiculousness.  Just as I sat down to eat, I hear this weird jingle noise and sure enough Sparkles is standing over my cousin and I with a salt shaker full of tiny bells.
I swear that woman was a fairy in her previous life.
At this point, you roll with it and just be thankful the thing isn't full of glitter, confetti, or anything else that could remotely cause temporary blindness and damage your cornea.

My weekend was packed with Christmas celebrations and what not.  It began Friday night at the bar for our annual ActivEdge Christmas party,....the irony of a gym party at the bar, I know.  The owner and his wife are former clients and we truly love to patronize their bar when we can.  (Dain's Place on 9th St!)
I walk in and within 3 minutes he randomly shows up with a shot of Jack and a glass of white wine....even at 30 you can't escape hazing.  And what a bipolar alcohol combination.  The wine says 30 years old and a sensible social drinker.  The shot of Jack says mouth of a sailor and potentially raised in a barn.
I can't really argue with either...I totally get it.
It explains a lot....A. Lot.

Nonetheless, I couldn't believe another year was basically behind us and I am headed into my 9th year with Brian and ActivEdge.  So crazy.
I remember when he first told me I should consider becoming a trainer and I thought he was crazy.  And now I wouldn't trade it for the world....(mainly because 6 billion people is overwhelming and there is no North Pole), but seriously I cannot imagine doing anything else.
So, a big thank you to Brian for allowing me the opportunity to do what I love every single day...


In other news, I am already looking ahead to 2014,...setting goals, organizing thoughts for my book, articles, and tid bits I'll have for you in the coming weeks/months.
My theme to start the year is INTENTION.
LIVE with INTENTION....in our careers, health, relationships....this idea of closing the gap between where we are in these areas of our life and where we want to be with purposeful, intentional daily steps towards our goals.  Because the truth is that once we are aware of the discrepancy between the two and remain aware through periodic assessment, our motivation to move forward continues to fuel itself.
...more to come on that dear friends...brace yourself for word vomit, a little "preaching", and a whole lot of tough love ;)

Well, I better hit the bed...Monday awaits and I better get my mind right...

No comments:

Post a Comment