Thursday, July 24, 2014

Exciting News and Questionable Attire

And here I am.
This week has flown by, but I think my brain is still stuck on Tuesday.  I was completely rested (so I thought) at the beginning of the week and then Wednesday hit like a freight train.  I got up that morning to workout before my first client, so you can imagine the portrait-of-awesome that was struggling to the coffee pot at 3:45.  I may have been assaulted in my sleep. 
I managed to make it back upstairs with 16 ounces of sanity in my hands, only to find that actually getting dressed was another challenge in itself.  Ever have those mornings when you literally forget the proper order to clothe yourself?  Apparently I need a weekly tutorial.
I put on my workout gear and realized something was off,...literally. 
Socks....check.
Shoes....check.
Bikers....check.
Tank top...check.
Sports bra.............
Aaaaaand here we are.
It was literally staring me in the face on the bed.  My apathy was fairly high at this point so I was tempted to just keep rolling.  Let's be honest, I don't spend $60 on a sports bra for the latest support technology.
Ever seen a concrete support beam under a tree house? 
Exactly.
I reasoned with myself that it was the principle of the matter, and I refuse to be lazy...and well, I'm 31, not 7.

Despite my questionable moments regarding attire, I was beyond excited to share with you all some pretty cool news.
The golf article I wrote for our gym's website was published on the Titleist Performance Institute website on Tuesday.  I can't tell you how much this meant to me...as a trainer and as someone who passionately loves sharing my knowledge and experience with as many people as possible who do not have access to our facility.  The folks at TPI are truly a class act and I am grateful for the opportunity to contribute.  Very very cool.  Here's the link:
http://www.mytpi.com/articles/fitness/why_the_glutes_matter

Onto my afternoon.
I am officially reaching that time of day when I would risk 2nd degree burns to take the coffee pot straight to the face.  BUT thankfully I am taking tomorrow and Saturday off.  Crazy, I know....a full 48 hours....you may see me on the news for going through withdrawal...or for making the neighborhood kids do lunges around the cul-de-sac in efforts to satisfy my need to make people sweat and/or cry.  Kidding,...I'm not that mean ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment