Sunday, April 20, 2014

Glow Sticks and Pokemon

Where did this week/weekend go?
Nearly facing May.  Crazy.
Before we know it we'll be all pumped in our mesh tank tops setting off fireworks like true Americans do in ungodly temperatures for the sake of summer.

After the complete hectic chaos which was this weekend, I'm amazed I was actually able to sit down and spend 3 hours on a golf article.  (Focus is always questionable on a Sunday afternoon).  However, yours truly was able to get in a nap, so cognitive function was not a total disaster.
After my panic attack spells and basically inability to think clearly for more than a 2 minute span, I was truly thankful to crank out that article.  I'll post a link tomorrow.
Its about golfers' butts.
Seriously.

What a weekend.
One minute I'm catching up on my reading, and the next I'm rocking a glow stick fist pumping myself into a shoulder injury on the dance floor.
Its fine,...I judge myself.  I can hardly take myself seriously mid-fist pump.  Add in a glow stick and I might as well throw in a scrunchie and completely relive the 1994 dream.
You would think after a late night and hip-hop revival that occurred in my lower extremities, I'd automatically sleep in.
uhh...and 6am here I am....
Unbelievable.
I blame a select few,...you know who you are,...and yes it was great ;)

In other alarming news, a family group text went flying around this morning with a picture of Miss Bella.  Dad was included, which is ironic because the man stopped checking email in 2006 and just retired his flip-phone a week ago.  He's never sent a text a day in his life.
Nonetheless, he was included.
I throw in my response text and a few seconds later my phone vibrates and "Dad" pops on the screen.
What. The. Hell.
Not only had the man successfully navigated a touch screen, he included an emoji.
Who is this guy and where is my dad?
No doubt he texted that entire response with his pointer finger, but whatever.  If it was anything like I saw last week as he was showing me pictures, the screen will have a dent by June.
He literally pokes it.  Not a touch, not a tap.  He pokes it like a dead animal.
If anything, its comical to watch.
All that to say, dad officially texts now, and I'm not sure the world is ready.  If he takes notes from mom it will be the oddest combo of hieroglyphics and urban slang you've ever seen.
The second he uses YOLO I'm flushing my phone.

Last but certainly not least, Happy Easter everyone.
It was a quiet holiday for me with church, workout, and a few errands...AND the official reentry of gum back into my life.  Thank. God.
After 40 days, I was ready to give myself arthritis of the jaw with some bubblemint deliciousness.  By 3pm I was fairly close to my goal.
Its the little things... :)

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!,
...I am off to call Sparkles and see what her and Pokemon are up to...

No comments:

Post a Comment