Sunday, April 13, 2014

Abaracadabara!!!

What's better than a 30 minute nap on a Sunday?
An hour nap on a Sunday.  Duh.
I got to a point I could hardly think straight because I was so tired, so naturally that was my cue to lay my butt on the couch, put the phone on silent, and meet Bradley Cooper somewhere in paradise...
I wish it worked like that.  Instead, I get midway through my REM cycle and wake up in a panic....what day is it?...am I late?....why is my cat trying to spoon me?...
Needless to say, far from Paradise with Bradley.

My week back from the beach was a little crazy, but good.  I honestly did not realize just how exhausted and mentally drained I was until I returned to the gym with a new found sense of sanity.  (I use that term loosely).
But truly, I felt 10x better than before I had grit in my swimsuit.  Works wonders...
I did, however, have that moment by Thursday morning when I realized that just when you think you have your mess together,...you don't.
That morning was a little crazy getting out of the house, and having to do an absolutely absurd pre-leaving ritual of hiding crap and taking Lysol wipes to every surface in case I have a showing.  Selling a house ranks up there with being repeatedly thumped in the back of the head.  At first its not so bad,...then annoying,...then suddenly you're 2 thumps from an assault charge and insanity plea.
I'm currently in phase 2.
So Thursday I was just running around like a mad woman, finally get to work and getting everything ready for the day.  By 6am clients are rolling in, and I'm still in a state of I-have-a-feeling-today-might-be-slightly-nuts...
Onward I roll,...setting everyone up and I get on the decline bench to demonstrate a sit-up when I feel something weird on the back of my knee.  I finish the demo, stand up, and realize I need to go take care of whatever is going on in there that caught me off guard.
I unzip the calf-zipper of my spandex, reach up there, and instead of pulling out a dove like a true magician, I manage to pull out a pair of underwear.
That trick impresses no one by the way.
...Just complete dressing negligence at 4am.  My God, how do you miss an extra article of clothing wedged in your spandex?  Yeah, I don't know either. 
And why not a dryer sheet?  So much easier to explain...
And sadly, that is literally the 5th or 6th time its happened.
Last time was at a party.
Don't want to talk about it, just look at it as a learning experience.  Clearly, I have not learned anything and thus life continues to mock me....with my own unmentionables....

Wonderful weekend.
Big shout out to my lovely friend Kathryn, who joined us 30 year olds on Friday!  Happy Birthday dear friend! xoxo
She's been an amazing friend for over 15 years, and perhaps deserves an award for the number of times she's been there for me, seen my rearend, and made me laugh until I cried.  Sometimes all of these at once.
I remember thinking in middle school how can I be such good friends with a cheerleader?!...Ha, life is ironic sometimes.  And thankful it is...


  

No comments:

Post a Comment