Monday, May 5, 2014

South Florida Invasion...

This is my current state in life:...I do not always remember a phone or credit card number, but I basically have the codes for all my produce memorized. 
Sad.
And more sad that its a proud moment for yours truly when I skim 20 seconds off my checkout time because the 'ol memory bank is cranking out digits like a slot machine.  Its the little things in life...

What a weekend.
Back from West Palm Beach in one piece and easing myself into the normal routine.  It was an amazing vacation with my dear friend Celia, that started off bright and early for a 8am flight Friday morning...
This was taken approximately 20 minutes before I dosed off....my napping ability has become more of an issue than a gift...

The vacation was absolutely needed and just a couple hours after touching down, we were on the beach...where I slept some more.  Celia finishes entire books out there, and I simply manage to hit a coma state and hope I don't drool on myself.
She is destined for great things.
I am destined to have chronic adrenal fatigue by 35.

I needed a tan badly.  I know I know,...but truly I look like I have polio without some color.  I don't have pretty fair skin, and honestly envy the women who do.
Now I just have tan lines.
Its like a magic trick...I can remove my swimsuit and it still looks like I have one on.  Unbelievable.

I did manage to sleep in a few days....7am was a beautiful thing.  Celia's dad and I had coffee, read the paper, and covered everything from European travel to correcting his golf swing all before 7:45.  People often apologize for asking work-related questions when I'm technically not at work, but I honestly love it.  Perhaps a little too much.
2 cups of coffee in, and there I was demonstrating a posture exercise on the floor in the kitchen.
I really shouldn't be able to take myself seriously in pajama pants and argyle socks, but evidently it doesn't stop me.
The only thing that would have made it better is if Celia walked in during the mobility test as the turkey bacon is cooking in the background...
Never a dull moment.

Between the amazing dinners and down time, we did manage to get in some exercise.  She signed us up for a Flywheel spin class the first morning.  Let me start this story by saying that my idea of fun is not sitting on a seat that is basically designed to hate my crotch.
But I am all for new experiences, so onward we roll.
I remember getting on my bike, locking my feet in, and thinking this just might end really bad.
Slightly dramatic, I know.
But, despite working out everyday, I rarely get on the bike...much less for 45 minute intervals.  But before I knew it the lights were off and the music was blaring.
I wanted to dance.
How could I possibly do a proper Wobble on a bike?  I was so confused...lights off, music going...are we going to bike, make out, bike and then make out...what is going on?
Long story short, I survived.  I was literally dripping on the bike by the end and couldn't feel my quads.
I thought I was going to throw up once, not going to lie.
Proud to say Cel and I finished as the top 2 females in the class...
I smelled great in this picture.


Yesterday we went for a morning run, and I was honestly amazed my legs were not completely dead from spinning.
We went roughly 4-5 miles, with a beautiful view and only a few minor aches and pains....whoever said 30 is the new 20 was intoxicated.  Its not.  Things hurt.


There were many highlights from the trip, but mainly getting away with a great friend, laughing until it hurt, and enjoying some down time.
Tomorrow will be back to the grind as usual....if all goes as planned, I may reach a new level of crazy by 10am and be headed back to Florida.
I'll leave you with a few more pics from our invasion of WPB...



No comments:

Post a Comment