Sunday, February 2, 2014

Seahawks and Broncos and Man-Teats, Oh My!

I prepared for my Super Bowl party of 1 tonight by putting on my pajamas at 5pm and planting my butt in the recliner with a list of emails and a plate full of protein.
This is my life.
Contain your jealousy.
But honestly, I was looking forward to a quiet evening and hopes that for once I completed an entire weekend to-do list.  Its pretty much the OCD version of a buzz.  Just cheaper.  And less likely to end in poor decision-making.  Not UN-likely, just less likely...

...After my last post with the hand-photo I definitely received some concerned texts, emails, and products to follow, ha.  Clients showed up with oils, creams, and some alcohol Saturday morning (perhaps unrelated to the hands, but would certainly get my mind off the fact my fingers were bleeding if, in fact, I couldn't feel them....logic).
All that to say that my hands are on the mend....I hope.  I type that as my left middle finger throbs every time I hit a key...ridiculous.

It was an absolutely full week after the snow-issue we faced Wednesday.  I think every parent was operating on some level of pissed-off after that with school delays and schedule changes, etc...
I received several texts from moms who bleeped out expletives as they needed to change appointments.  That made me laugh. 
Just send the word. 
My phone recognizes it, I promise.  Siri is a sailor, don't let her fool you.
But in all the hustle and craziness of last week, I had some truly laugh-out-loud moments with several clients whose honesty blew me away.  Don't get me wrong, I want them to be upfront about what's going on outside of the gym because its the LIFESTYLE changes that I'm eager to see and long for them to experience.  So I casually asked one woman what she had for breakfast, expecting some version of a "reasonable" meal that we'd probably have to discuss/tweak...
She looked at me with a grin and bluntly said "ice cream!"...she started laughing and at first I thought she was joking.
She wasn't.
That's when I threatened her life in the most loving way possible. (There is no loving way btw)...but I was pretty shocked by that one.  Seriously, I've heard it all, but I think that was the first time someone openly admitted to downing ice cream before 8am straight to my face...and then laugh.  God I love her, but yes I wanted to shake the crap out of her in that moment.
She was not the only one...

Highlight of my weekend was dinner with my gals.
A few could not make it and I know were there in spirit,...mainly because of the inappropriate texts they sent...which was great, lets be honest.
We did the whole fondue experience at The Little Dipper in Durham (a must-go-to for you locals)...and I swear I laughed until my face hurt.  For a second between the salad and first dipping session I thought we were going to have to deliver Jan's baby right there next to some boiling Havarti.  That woman is practically begging for an epidural and ice bucket.  And by God I am ready for niece #3!...Easy for me to say, I'm not carrying a fetus or anything greater than some Maalox can handle.

It was a wonderful dinner.  Thank you ladies for being the amazing human beings you are... :)

Well, I just recovered from the halftime show....none the wiser...and slightly disturbed by the amount of male-nipples I just viewed for an entire song. 
I hope they got frostbite.
Fair.
...and yes I'm curious about what conversation actually took place prior to that wardrobe decision that led to "ah yes, that is a great idea!"....because...well...it wasn't.
Personally, I was less offended by Janet Jackson's right boob in '04.
Perspective.

On that breast-note, I am headed to bed.  Gearing up for a busy week, night folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment